Yay! Football is going to happen!

DammitJanet

The lockout is over!!! Both sides finally came to their senses and negotiated and now we are back on track for the pre-season starting in two weeks!

I am so excited...:cheerleader:

Time to get my fantasy teams picked!

nvts

I'm excited too! All those poor guys running around trying to fight for the millions that their due! If only they knew how the common man struggles!

Gooooo Giiii---Annnts! :flirtysmile3:

Beth

DammitJanet

Well...the one thing that I was really glad that came out of the settlement was the insurance for life. That is really important. Now before everyone thinks...oh they get paid all that money, they should be able to afford to buy insurance for the rest of their lives...well, not everyone who plays football gets paid those multi-million dollar paychecks. Some are only on the practice squads and get paid basic salaries that arent much more than what a regular joe would make. They are there praying for a chance to make it. However, they still get injuries and they can still get hurt. When they are old, they will still be carrying the same pain.

Even the major players who make the millions will retire some day...they dont make it past 40...look at Brett Favre. They are so beat up that by the time they are 40 they have the bodies of 50 to 60 year olds. They couldnt buy insurance on a bet. Its all pre-existing.

Now they have lifetime insurance. So many of them have head injuries that will land them in rehab hospitals or long term care facilities at a much younger age than the average population that they will need this insurance. It is a very good thing.

DammitJanet

I am sooooo praying that maybe just maybe the Panthers will have a comeback year this year.

said in a very low whisper...go Panthers...lol.

Woo-Hooo!!! Yay!!! Go Eagles!!!! (Some lucky team is going to get our kicker David Akers) I love football!!! Go Philly!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, darn. This means I'll be fighting husband to turn down the tv again. lol At least he doesn't yell at it as much as he used to.

Hound...Just be glad he's got something to do that doesn't include bothering you! Personally, I can't sit still and watch entire games, but they do....and I can either watch, or do my own thing, but nobody is bothering me. For that reason alone- YAY! for football!!! (We just have to throw some food their way every once in a while)

DammitJanet

LOL Sharon. You know me so well! Guess I am nothing if not predictable. I have been panicking worrying that they would not come to an agreement and I wouldnt have my football this year. I would probably have to be sedated...lol.

H

HaoZi

Janet, does that lifetime health coverage for them also cover mental health? I would hope so considering what repeated concussions can do.