Yesterday was our 10 year anneversary

Lothlorien

Married 10 years ago. husband's aunt and her friend babysat for us, so we could go out to dinner. He took me to this really nice Asian restaraunt. The food was awesome. Then we walked the mall for a bit. I'm trying to talk husband into getting a puppy for the kids; maybe for Christmas. I think he was itching to buy me something, but I didn't let him. He did give me a really nice necklace last night and that was quite enough. I had his dress wedding band engraved (something very sweet in Gaelic). Then we came home to a nice quiet house and we both passed out on the couch!!!:crazy1:

TerryJ2

Awww! congratulations! What a wonderful evening. I'm sending wishes for many more years of happiness. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Loth -

Congratulations! May you have warm words on a cold eveining, a full mood on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door for years to come!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Congrats on your 10th. :wine:

Sounds like you had loads of fun. Although if husband gets you a puppy, don't let it come from a pet store. Generally not a good idea.

Hugs

Lothlorien

Thank you all. It was a nice evening. We were hoping that we'd get to go away for a few days, but that didn't work out. My in-laws went on a cruise this past week and aren't coming home until tonight. They'll probably watch the kids next weekend, so we can do something nice. I'm thinking bed and breakfast.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Loth, congratulations.:bigsmile: 10yrs of the marriage grind is an accomplishment so it seems. Celebrating your anniversary is really important to remind yourselves that you are a couple as well as parents and worker bees. :flower:
We used to reminisce on the early days on our anniversaries. Now after 26yrs we barely remember the early days as vividly but we have a whole set of new experiences to reminisce about. Keeping the connection to a spouse you love is work. We aren't the same people that we were on our wedding day and we have to keep reconnecting and growing the love and passion. :couple:
I think it makes us better parents and worker bees. :its_all_good:

A weekend away even at a Motel 6 works for giving you an island of intimacy that you can't get at home even if the kids are away. :youarehot:

Congratulations to both of you for making it work for you. He sounds like a good guy. He appreciates you and you appreciate him.