Yesterday's positive/blessing for the day......

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Since I've fallen ill earlier this year my favorite therapeutic outlet had been on the fritz - playing my piano.

I've been practicing sporadically since my hospital discharge in August; working on the scales that I've forgotten - building the strength in my right hand. I've slowly relearned playing scales in various keys.

I spent hours over the last week playing a piece of music that I was to have played in a recital last month. Lara's Theme from Dr. Zhivago.

I sat down & played it all the way through last night & it didn't sound awful. In fact, husband told me that it sounded almost as good as it did before I became ill. (He may have just tried to make me feel good as my frustration level was at one point very high. I took the compliment & ran with it though.)

It was a lot of hard work & I was physically drained by the time I made it through this piece to my liking & with-o the level of frustration (due to some short term memory issues) that had shut me down so many times earlier.

I was so very happy! I've so missed playing piano & to think that I've played one piece all the way through & it's sounding good made my heart sing. :angel:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
What a great positive! I know how much you love the piano-this post has me smiling! :smile:

Marguerite

I guess with all the problems today - the rain that stopped me hanging out clothes, the change in plans because my house-cleaning help is on holidays and I forgot - I guess my blessing for the day was - we had a quiet day and a restful one, after yesterday being so busy and having to go out tomorrow evening. Today ended up being a quiet oasis in a busy week.

Linda, I wish I could have heard you play. It IS satisfying, isn't it, to get back onto the piano even when your hands feel aching with fatigue afterwards. It's all worth it.

Marg

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:princess: :dance: :princess:

It's so nice to have my accompanist back so I can dance again! Look at my happy feet go!

I'm smiling for you, Linda :smile:

Suz

Timer Lady,

If I listen really carefully I can hear the faint sounds of Lara's Theme from Dr. Zhivago played beautifully on a piano. Thanks for a lovely break in a hectic day . . .That's a blessing for me!