Yet more FB curiosity

N

Nomad

Will these questions ever end? Hmmmm????

1. Why would someone have 1,999 friends? So, in other words, why would someone have such a huge number of friends? How is this possible? What is up with that?:confused:

2. FB on the side of profile is suggesting that I am friends with folks from my yahoo email list. Also, with students in my classes at the university. I kinda understand the second item (school classmates because I listed where I attend school), but I did NOT know they could get into my email list. Is this possible? Are they tracking me?????:mad: Has anyone else had this or something like this happen to them?

Thank you.

DammitJanet

It suggests that you add these friends, not that you are friends. If you signed up using your yahoo email, then it picks up names off that email account.

TerryJ2

Unfortunately for me, I hit a button somewhere that invited everyone on my email list to join FB. I mean, everyone. I was so embarrassed! It cannibalized my list. I sent out a lot of responses telling people I was sorry and that they of course did not have to "friend" me.
Computers and search engines can do all sorts of things.
So, yes,
and yes.

Why would someone want that many friends? Probably a teenager. It's their thing.

DammitJanet

LOL...I saw that little thing down there on facebook that asked me if I wanted to attach my email to it and I thought...uhhh..NO! It was bad enough that I got told my dad had cancer on FB! Talk about impersonal.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The 1,9999 friends is usually due to the games on fb. I have around 800 myself. I attempted to stop at 500, but my friends are all friends of friends.........and yeah, so I'm a softy and don't say no if we have several (sometimes up to 60) friends in common. Some of the games require a large amount of friends to be able to play the upper levels.

Unlike MySpace........I've so far *knocks on wood* not had any issues with the loads of friends thing.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It's the games, as Lisa said. To win or succeed at certain games, you need to send out open invites to gain as many friends (aka accomplices) as you can. My sister had over 2,000 friends!! She actually created two screen names - one to play games and another just for her 'real' family and friends.

You can go through your friend list and simply remove those you don't want.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL I have over 100 friends. Believe it or not, all but ONE I know personally. Most of them are from high school - ye olde reunion coming up. But then there is also Mom, Dad, father in law, husband, BFF & H, W... And on and on and on...

This ONE person? Has 46 friends in common (HS) and graduated from my HS year before I did. Knows BFF from HS, and is a nice person. Just haven't actually met that I remember!

N

Nomad

Thank you!
I DID find out that I had my email account listed and that that allowed them to gain access to my email addresses. I don't recall doing that, but perhaps I did by accident at some point. So, I took it off.
I did NOT know about the games. Someone I know seems to have slowed down now that he reached 2000. Kinda makes sense (sort of).