Yikes, gym rats...I'm sore

DDD

I finally "did" the elliptical. No, that's a lie. The elliptical did me.

Holey Moley. I understand Hound why you decided to give it up. It is so cool seeing the calories burned rush by twice as fast as the treadmill but I did just over two minutes and I feel like a ran a marathon.
Whew! Not sure when I'll "man up" again on that one. LOL DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I did it monday, even though I know I said I'd never touch the thing again. FIVE minutes and my thighs started knotting up. I got off. It's just not worth it. I can do my Biggest Loser Cardio Max video and burn off the same amount of calories and I can still walk later. I think it's something with the motion? Sort of like what walking on an incline does to me, cramps the begeebies out of my calves......I could do it all the time with the same effect, it never gets better. (I have avoided walking inclines since I was young due to this) easy child says she's not sore, so dunno, maybe it's something to do with my potassium / calcium / sodium thing which I can't do a whole lot about.

I can do the treadmill for as long as I want at a very brisk walk and do just fine. (unlike when I started and 10 mins in I couldn't feel my toes LOL ) The bike doesn't bother me either, except it bores me to tears. At least on the treadmill they have tvs mounted you can watch. lol

But yeah......it sure is tempting when you watch those calories whiz by. I think they should use it as a torture device myself. :rofl:

DDD

One of the mgrs. is a 50ish woman who has lost 120 lbs. Thank heavens I don't have that challenge. Anyway yesterday I was one of very few there and I asked her if she could show it to me....which she did of course. I guess, lol, you can "set" angles, resistance etc. etc. and the machine shows you which parts of your body are benefitting. That's so funny because I can't read it. I don't wear glasses unless I'm driving or reading. So all these little bright lights are there and buttons etc....no clue. I asked her to show me the easiest way to begin and what the time goal should be because my friend said five minutes was painful. She told me five minutes was grueling for her and she recommends doing just two. I'll try to do two now and then, lol.

I think it's rather weird. I have very skinny legs and arms. Like you, Hound, I have belly issues that I want to solve. My belly is unaffected and my skinny calves are sore. Hmm...something is wrong with this picture. Guess I'll have to "keep the faith" that eventually the whole body gets toned. Sigh. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The cardio max video works on the belly, but a bit differently than I'm used to.......it's the way you keep your posture most of the time, and yes there are some moves that work the area too. I can manage it and not have those side muscles split on me. Nichole tells me this video kicked her fanny, she refused to try it again yet. She's using my other one which she says gives her a work out but doesn't kick her butt. lol So I'm guessing all I did before starting the video helped me to be able to handle it. To me, it's a good solid work out. I'm tired & sweaty when done, heart rate is at a good level. BUT I can go on with my day and do other things, which is sooooo nice.

When I turned the resistance up on the elliptical, it seems to work the lower half of my abdomen some. I can feel it, but it's not sore like my thighs get. I am relieved to know I'm not abnormal in what it does to me. lol Maybe it's one of those you have to work up to super duper slow. I know if I get on it again I'm not going past the 5 min mark until it no longer causes my thighs to knot and I'll up it only by a couple of mins.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WAY TO GO YOU SEXY BEAST YOU!

TEAR UP THAT GYM EQUIPMENT!

LOOKING GOOD:hi5: MOMMA! wOOOOOOOOOOOO

addie

Hi there, star! Sore from reading, or from doing? I joined an 'older adult' fitness class, thinking easy-peasy, I do yoga. NOT. Even went to emerg one night as I thought the pain ws too close to the kidney to be ignored. And wasn't I embarrassed when it turned out to be a torn intercostal muscle!
but I am persisting.
how is the tree you planted for one of mine? Jen. Can't remember what I called her on the board, but she had been sexually abused by her stepfather from age 7 to 12. We had a jury trial. He lost.
well, I hope the tree is doing well, as she is! She brought her baby to visit!!!! And she is just th BEST mom!
addie