Yikes! Honor roll teens "can't read/write cursive"..huh?

BusynMember

Cursive is relatively new. When I went to school, and there were dinosaurs sitting next to me :), we learned to print and I am not sure what type of style writing we were taught. I do know I was scoled a lot for having "messy handwriting."

CB, if you want to work in our school districts here you do an online application. If you want to work at McDonalds or Walmart as a cashier or greeter or floor washer you fill out an online application. I hate it, would rather do it by hand!

I think technology makes it harder for our youngest kids to read handwriting. First of all, not every adult has good handwriting that is legible. Secondly, the kids are used to reading off computers and cell phones.

I continue to go along with times change. The older generation never likes it. But somehow we survived and the grandkids will too :)

Californiablonde

Well that will make it much easier for difficult child to get a job. Her writing is terrible. She is totally messy and her spelling is atrocious. No matter how hard her teachers and aides have worked with her throughout the years, she still struggles tremendously with her writing. Knowing she will only be required to fill out an online application when she gets her first job down the road makes me feel much better.