YIKES!

pasajes4

I had 2 missed calls yesterday from my son's local parole office. I retrieved this message, " Miss J, This is Mr. W. Please return my call a.s.a.p. we need to discuss F's discharge on July 7." I did not hear the message until this morning. I slept all day yesterday and never heard my phone.

I am really hoping that it means he is being moved to a halfway house and not just dumped on me without any available services. I have heard nothing from his case manager. My son will not be able to call until Thursday.

Jabberwockey

Not sure how it works where you're at but here, YOU have to agree to them returning to your home. They put in the paperwork requesting a home plan and the PO on the streets investigates the place to see if they are willing and able to provide a good environment. If the person says they cant live there, the home plan is returned as denied.

dstc_99

Not sure how it works where you're at but here, YOU have to agree to them returning to your home. They put in the paperwork requesting a home plan and the PO on the streets investigates the place to see if they are willing and able to provide a good environment. If the person says they cant live there, the home plan is returned as denied.

I hope this is the case!

Lil

Has he served his entire sentence or is he being paroled? I would think that, if it's a parole situation, they would have to have some services. However, if he's served his whole sentence, since he's a juvenile, it might be totally possible to release him to the custody of his parents without his parents consent. It all depends on the law of where you live. I'm so sorry. You might want to try contacting children's services and see if there are any options.

pasajes4

He will not be on parole. He is being discharged time served/case closed. He has until Aug. 27 to prove that he can live by my rules. After that, I can legally say "bye Felicia."

susiestar

Roll With It
I would ask what happens if you refuse to allow him to return to your home? It cannot hurt to ask. He might get services and not just 'buh-bye!' if you refuse to take him back.

pasajes4

I did ask. Texas does not provide much help at all to anyone at any age when they are released. You are on your own.

SeekingStrength

Pasajes,

Know that you have a place in my heart tonight.

I hurt for you because I absolutely, unequivocally know how you feel. This so stinks, on so many levels, but am happy to know he soon turns 18. You have a window with light. While it is not a beautiful light, it holds hope.

Please keep us posted.

Saying a prayer for you and your son tonight...right this moment.

SS