You are not going to believe this......

LittleDudesMom

So, today is difficult child's 12th birthday. Happy Birthday my boy :kisses:

Anyway, we had planned his party for tomorrow night because sometimes the weeknights aren't convenient for everyone. Last week we get a letter from his new middle school that they are having 6th Grade Fun Night tonight from 6:30-8 (for which I breathed a sigh of relief since I invited three kids that will be going to school with him - thank goodness I hadn't planned the party for tonight!). So, I call bonehead and tell him that I think it would be nice if he took difficult child. He hasn't seen the school, nor was he in any way involved in the choice (same district, out of zone). Since it was difficult child's birthday, I thought perhaps they would enjoy spending the evening together, giving difficult child a chance to meet some of the kids he will be going to school with and seeing a couple old buddies from his old school. Next Thursday is orientation and I will take him to that.

So bonehead takes difficult child for his tdap shot, then for lunch and to the mall. I get a call from bonehead's cell phone at 6:00. It's difficult child asking me how come nobody is at the school yet - he and dad are the only ones there. "Well difficult child," I say, "fun night starts at 6:30." I hear bonehead in the background saying he doesn't want to wait in the car that long "we are going in early" I hear him say.

So at 6:40 I'm outside spraying off the patio when I hear his car drive up! "Why are you guys back so early?" "There was nothing really good going on", says bonehead.

So I find out about 10 minutes later from difficult child that his dad gave him $5 to leave and not stay :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

You know, I worked so hard to find the right place for difficult child and was really excited for him to have this evening of games and icecream in a no pressure enviornment. I wanted him to begin to feel comfortable, run around with the guys, and just have a good time.

So, he's sitting in front of the tv playinga game on the 360. I'm about to go in and see if he wants to get some icecream and then play Life.

Is it any wonder I call him bonehead :hammer:

Sharon

Lothlorien

Bonehead is a perfect name. Sheesh. Is it so hard for him to spend a couple of hours with his kid, especially on his birthday??? Good grief!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
There will come a day when he'll regret it.

The Bonehead. :grrr:

I hope difficult child has a great party tomorrow night.

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear Bonehead,

I am refunding your pay off of $5.00 and raising you another $20.00 so you can catch a Greyhound on a special rate and get out of town. Gnats have a higher IQ.

p.s. Our son really made out financially tonight, but you got ripped off. I paid him a buck and a half to spend the eveing with YOU!

Janna

Do we have the same ex? :grrr:

I would really like to tell you what I think, but I'm afraid it would violate the terms of use for the website :nonono:

So I'll just say, you're a moron, Bonehead.

I'm sorry, Sharon. Sorry for difficult child.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY difficult child!!!!!!!!!!! :kisses:

Babbs

It sounds as though bonehead is a very appropriate name for your ex.

I've taken to calling mine ex - AH (which I'm sure the AH would be against the rules of the site) but man oh man... some of these sperm donors just don't know squat about how to be a man, let alone how to be a father.

Hopefully your son will recognize and appreciate all the work his warrior mom has done over the years and has good male role models to help show him how to be a man and not a sperm donor.

Marguerite

There are polite ways to describe bonehead - richard cranium. Circumcision scars on neck. Or you could safely use the Aussie term, "ratbag" - it's clean but just as potentially insulting.

Marg

F

flutterbee

Unfortunately, I do believe it. :thumbsdown: I have an ex just like him. And a dad, too.

Happy Birthday to your difficult child. :flower:

LittleDudesMom

Thanks for validating my shock and dismay at his "boneheadedness". Although I'm kinda taken with Marg's word "ratbag" :rofl:

difficult child had a nice evening and I let him sleep with me and we read for awhile and then I told him the story of when he was born.

Thanks again for all your support.

Sharon