You guys were right....

mstang67chic

Going Green
Gone and back? Pfft. He never left. Decided not to after husband asked him how he planned on eating with no money. (I had to laugh later....when I went through the stuff he was going to take with him...it didn't hit me till the next day. There were absolutely NO pairs of undies or socks. None.)

Rules? HA. He's been known to help come up with rules/consequences. He ignores his OWN rules....nothing will make him follow ours.

mstang,

I'm getting here late. I'm sorry. On a daily basis, I count down the days until difficult child 1 turns 18 - about 5 months away... On the other hand, I know, somewhere deep down, I'm still going to have to deal with him and his poor choices even after his next birthday...

I wish I had some good advice for you. Unfortunately, I can see myself in the same situation you're in a few months down the road... I think Fran had some great advice - I'm going to try to keep it in mind and use it.

I think I can sort of understand how you feel even though difficult child 1 isn't 18 yet. I want this chapter in our lives over with too - The sooner the better!!! It is so frustrating when we can't get our difficult children to realize how negatively their poor choices impact their lives (and ours too).

Sending hugs and hoping your difficult child comes to his senses soon... WFEN