You know the kids do it........So let's do it too!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
What did you get for Xmas?

From Travis I got a enormous cast iron skillet (thrilled to death, just what I wanted and I'm seeing fried taters n onions in the boy's future)

From Nichole and her husband I got nice winter boots. They're super comfy. Love them!

From easy child and sister in law I got an old fashion washboard. I've been wanting one for a while now. And the "elephant" movie I've been dying to see for ages now.

From Darrin I got a scrapbook of photos he made himself, so darn cute, and a cookie sheet. (was supposed to be 2 of them but daddy accidentally used one lol )

From Aubrey I got a "grandma" pin to wear that has little grandchildren that dangle off it.......adorable. She was so proud she picked it out all by herself this year.

And best of all, not one single difficult child moment. :santa:

klmno

That sounds wonderful! I'm really glad you had a good Christmas and enjoyed your family and making and giving gifts. That is great and you deserved it!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
That sounds like a wonderful Christmas day, hugs.

From easy child I got a fun book about herbs and natural remedies, and she also got me an air hockey table, omg! I love air hockey! difficult child didn't get anyone squat, but that's okay because she misunderstood an email I sent out saying that we weren't exchanging this year (it was primarily for relatives). H bought me new wine glasses and TICKETS TO SEE ARETHA FRANKLIN!!! I'm so excited! I told him that could be my birthday present because it went way over our allotted amount.

difficult child and E slept over last night so this morning was nice. easy child cooked us brunch.

We visited with my mom midday and played Uno, fun times. We went and saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie, and
our surrogate son came with us.

It was a nice day.

mstang67chic

Going Green
How wonderful Lisa!

Jo.....I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

husband hired our neighbor to clean the house for me. She didn't do EVERYTHING but what she did do was great! He also got me the new Spyro Skylander game for Wii. Good thing I don't have to work tomorrow!

DammitJanet

Well Tony got me my blue tooth headset I have been wanting, Billy got me some books I have been wanting and Cory cooked us dinner. Jamie didnt even call...Tony called him and he didnt even bother to ask to speak to me. That may be because Tony was outside though..who knows. Im sure if Jamie really wanted to wish me merry xmas he could call or send me something though. Whatever. Of course my best gift was getting Keyana back and watching her open her presents and check the name tags and say...oh that ones for my baby sister...lol. She hardly put the baby down to play with the toys.

Though I do have to admit I could have been invisible. The minute we pulled up to pick her up from her other grandmother's house, she ran out of the house and straight into Tony's arms screaming PAPA!!!!!!! Straight past me...lol. I do all the buying and picking out the gifts and he gets all the love...harumph. LOL

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Omg where do I start? I got SO SPOILED!

husband got me a toy kitten that breathes and purrs and looks an awful lot like Weasel did when she was a kitten. Can we say tears?!

I also got a stand mixer. I've wanted one for years.

Some shirts, some old stuff like my Raggedy Ann doll... lined gloves, jammies, new sheets & towels... just wow!

ready2run

awww...stepto2, i love those realistic kitties!! i want one :)

my parents got me a Wii with a bunch of games, it's the first video game i've ever owned that is MINE. i got a fancy silk butterfly scarf and a nice top. husband got me a picture to hang in the living room. it's a dragon and he knows i love dragons so that was nice. I got myself a Big Buddah handbag from BeyondTheRack for 70% off and a bunch of 8x10 pics printed up of the kids and my family(snapfish, less than $3/each) with some dollarama frames to make my photowall i've been after. the kids each made me an ornament at school. they rewarded my generosity with hours of fighting over who got what and a grandfinally group meltdown from overstimulation. yeah!!
my brother is coming up tomorrow. he always brings the best gifts. last year he got me a roots watch that was like $200, he usually goes all out on something. he is expecting his first baby in a couple months though so i expect him to be more thrifty this year. i made him a buiscuit quilt for his new baby. can't wait to give it to him. :) i could really care less if he brings me nothing, i am so happy to finally be a future aunty!

Wiped Out

Staff member
We had a small but nice exchange of gifts. difficult child actually spent his own money to buy me a game of Parcheesi. Have to laugh because he is very persnickety with it and keeps reminding me he can take it back because he bought it-lol-I told him that means I can take back the things we gave him-that made him stop and think.

easy child/difficult child gave me a pair of shoes I really wanted along with a Michigan hoodie.

husband gave me a sweater, earrings, and a Michigan Sugar Bowl shirt. Apparently something else is on the way but didn't get delivered on time.

by the way, Jo-Aretha Franklin tickets-AWESOME!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I got a card from Dude with a really heart felt grown up message in it for me and DAD......

I got my MOM for two days!!!!!!!!!! Happy Happy Joy JOY!!!!

I got a Christmas tree and card from DF!

I got an awesome dragon carousel figure, day and night driving glasses, an awesome snake diamond ring, a book I wanted and my fav. calendar from my Mom.. (yup this is from the woman that said OH we're not exchanging gifts this year) UGH. She won't do this to me NEXT year ......lah lah lah I can't hear you Mom I'm out shopping.

The pups all got a box of toys from Dude.......so cool.

Pootie sent out pictures of herself as an elf via text - and she was apparently VERY happy about her hat. (we'll talk later darling) - about your choice of wording. THATS WHAT.

Casper got lighted up reindeer antlers and refuses to take them off. Perhaps he got a "bright" idea. ar ar argh.

I sat and opened everyones cards Christmas Eve and they were beautiful......and now hanging all over my house. (I actually thought this was to be my entire Christmas so I saved them for Christmas Eve - then DF got us the tree, Dude sent his stuff, and my Mom came so it was a wonderful day)

DF has surgery to restore sight to his right eye Tues. so if that goes well I'd say it was a really fantastic Christmas after all. Best I've had in years and years. Thanks for asking.

KTMom91

Hubby and I decided to wait on gifts for each other, since we're making another trip to Portland in 10 days we're going to use the drive home (the scenic way) as our main gift. Plus, I get the added bonus of another mini Warrior Mom meeting!

My mother in law gave me a Kindle touch. I was so excited, I just couldn't believe it. Guess she really does like me. LOL!

Miss KT gave me a gift card to the biggest book store on the West Coast, which I will redeem in 10 days!

Overall it was a very nice couple of days.

buddy

I got hugs and thanks for what I gave. My dad and his wife gave us cash which was really sweet. I didn't have any presents to open this year. I admit, it felt strange but I know that is not what Christmas is about. I loved my time with my family and even though Q had some ugly moments (calling me a B right during dinner, shoving whole pieces of ham in his face, not cutting it up and demanding food to be given to him NOW etc.... uggg) he did calm down and was ok....NEVER got aggressive physically and didn't even threaten. Both nights he left when it was time with no fussing about it. He sat down and asked if he did much better today than X day and of the five days with family since Thanksgiving, which was better, is he doing better etc... so I guess I feel glad that he IS doing better and that he is thinking about it himelf too. (mixed feelings about that, I doubt the other kids are going over all the bad things they did for the last month and trying so hard just to make it through a family function) All my nieces and nephews gave me hugs and told me how much they love me.

susiestar

Roll With It
I had a very peaceful Christmas. Jess bought me a TON of chocolate, thank you gave me two Christmas mugs filled with Reese's Bells, I got $30 to spend at my favorite used bookstore (TOTALLY AWESOME as I would rather go there than ANY other store on earth including my cross stitch store!!!!!), a new super soft red jacket and a 7" touch tablet from husband!!! I was TOTALLY caught off guard and not expecting the tablet and first was sort of upset because husband and I agreed to NOT spend much on each other this year. Then he told me it was because "all" I got for my birthday was a book. Gee, the book was all I really wanted for my birthday, but this is really sweet and cool of him.

I got him a bluetooth handset for his phone that looks like the old fashioned part you pick up from the phones we all grew up with before cordless phones. It is really COOL and works great, plus a sort of strange (at least to me) pocket chair - it is an as seen on tv thing and he always wants EVERY as seen on tv thing and I cannot TELL you how many of those types of things he has bought in the past. So he loved that. And I was planning to give him a video camera because the battery on his died and I spent a year on the internet and can't find another one so his old one is dead. I didn't buy the camera because I don't know which will fit his needs/wants best and he usually isn't picky but I know that if I just got one he would use it and not fuss but it probably wouldn't feel right so I am waiting. He has a birthday in 3 weeks so it will be for that.

husband and I did a TON of shopping on Fri and then my folks wanted to do xmas (mom is leaving in a couple hours for a road trip) so I really overdid it and my left knee was purple most of Sat and Sun so I stayed home while husband and all 3 kids went to my inlaws for xmas. The inlaws got us a dryer!!!!! and I also got an egg whisk with a little egg for the handle and a veggie brush with a handle that looks like a potato. I slept almost all of xmas day!

skeeter

husband bought me a very small, tasteful diamond and emerald ring. This is the first piece of jewelry he's bought me (my wedding ring was his mother's and I picked out the emerald I wear as an "engagement" ring). He did good. He also bought me a new computer bag (my cube mates have been complaining that you could hear the wheels on mine as soon as I got off the elevator). I got warm sweaters from my mom (they set our building at 66 degrees plus or minus 2). A certificate to our local wine shop from one son, and home made cookies from my other (he and his wife have absolutely no money). A nice "strawberry jar" with herb seeds from my step-daughters.
I'm more thrilled about what I got my husband. There was a Groupon for half off a Nascar Driving experience. He gets 3 hours of instruction and gets to actually DRIVE a Nascar! With his own radio spotter, etc. Even though the dates aren't until either July or August (he has to sign up) he was checking the camcorder yesterday to make sure it's ready and working.

crazymama30

easy child did shop with a cop this year, and got me a new steamer (mine broke and I was sorely missing it), and a printer. My mom and sis have been helping me so much financially so I can go see difficult child that I consider that my gift from them.

KT mom, you will love that bookstore, but you could spend hours in it! I love it, but can only go when my budget allows! lol. They have used and new books, and definately get the map of the store, it is huge.

DammitJanet

Oh wow Skeeter...that is awesome! I want pics of that. That is an awesome gift for your hubby! I would have loved that. I am a nascar fanatic. Will you take some pics? Even from far away just so I can watch it? I dont have to see him, just the experience...lol. I so wanna see it! I think I would think I had died and gone to heaven. That is probably what I get Keyana for her 16th birthday if she is still as addicted to Nascar as she is now.

JJJ

My parents and grandparents were beyond generous this year. They got me new dishes for my kitchen :) The set I got for my wedding years ago was missing so many pieces that had gotten broken over the years. I got to go shopping with my mom and pick out the pattern. I was hoping for 5 place settings but they went crazy and got me 10!! They got husband a garage door opener (he's thrilled). And to be children's ever lasting shock, the bought each of them a tv for their room. I'm so glad we got their stunned looks on video! Priceless!

Gonna brag about what I got the kids too...mainly because I found AMAZING deals....Eeyore got a Sony Experia Play smartphone, Piglet got a wireless bluray player with netflix (Walmart mislabled the display so I got a great deal) and Tigger got an XBox (Black Friday Special!!). The kids were so appropriately grateful and so excited it was definitely the highlight of the whole day.

DS3

I got a flight home for the funeral, a pan-digital e reader, and time with my family. I couldn't have asked for more. Although I was very bah humbug yesterday (especially with everything to come to pass this week), I was still happy to spend time with them and to watch difficult child's expression as he opened gifts.

DammitJanet

You will love the pandigital ereader. I have one and love it. download calibre to get books from everywhere to convert them to the right format and you will be good to go.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Jamie just absolutely went overboard and bought me the new IPad and Danny got me a new keyboard and really nice speakers for my computer and a new Cusinart Coffee maker (we go thru coffee makers like crazy - it pretty much run 24 hours a day. Part of my present from SO was the new bedroom set, plus he bought me a 24 Kt gold bracelet from my favorite Middle Eastern Jeweler, and a gift card for me to get myself some new clothes, so I guess it was a "lets spoil mom this year" Christmas. Syds mom bought me some scented candles.

My eldest decided to call late last night and wish me a Merry Christmas and I got to talk to one gkid out of three. We are not considered "family" anymore since she had landed in a ready made one of her own choosing LOL but its ok. She knows I have been pretty sick for the past few months, and SO just got out of the hospital again last week, and she couldn't be bothered to even call to see how we were. Ever since we all detached from the drama that is her life, me especially, we are persona non grata.

But it was a really good Christmas despite me feeling bad for a few moments over her "duty" phone call. The boys sat at the table and chatted, didn't once play with any electronic devises while they were eating:)

But I love the IPad - Figured out NetFlix, and can now watch documentaries to my hearts content :)

Marcie