You know you need more sleep when...

Mom2oddson

You know you need sleep when you turn on your signal for the 90 degree curve on the road you live on.... and again for the 90 degree reverse curve 1/4 mile down the road. Didn't even know I did it until my brother in law, who was behind me, called husband laughing about it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(taking notes) she scribbles.....The stop signs turned green with envy because they saw how beautiful Three Shadows was and they were not.

On the back page she scribbles...these chicks are really gone maaaaan...really gone. Just like you. No wonder you fit in. :tongue:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
You know you need sleep when you turn on your signal for the 90 degree curve on the road you live on.... and again for the 90 degree reverse curve 1/4 mile down the road. Didn't even know I did it until my brother in law, who was behind me, called husband laughing about it.

Ummm... My Dad does this. Every time. Sleep or not.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I've done the stop sign thing a few times. My biggie was when power was out and all the traffic signals defaulted to flashing red.

Now, I KNOW this means the same thing as a stop sign, with the same rules of right-a-way.

husband would sit there and finally turn to me...."It's not going to get any greener, hon!"

I have my moments in driving situations. When I got back stateside from nearly 8 years in Germany, I nearly got creamed by a city bus trying to navigate a traffic circle. I mean, I KNEW the rules were different. I even got a new copy of the IL rules of the road to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I STILL managed to pull into oncoming traffic and nearly get clobbered. Good thing husband wasn't with me--he would've first had a fit and then ridden my rear end for months afterwards.

trinityroyal

GN, that is exactly why I never got behind the wheel the whole time I lived in the UK. I have terrible trouble distinguishing right from left at the best of times, and rely on other cues to find my way around.

I had enough trouble looking both ways before crossing the street in England. I wasn't about to mess around with right-hand drive cars on a left-hand drive road.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I wasn't about to mess around with right-hand drive cars on a left-hand drive road.

Yup. Try driving a stickshift like I did on my first visit to the U.K. My friend next to me kept blurting out "Oh SH!T!" on the roundabouts and blind curves... we didn't drive much anywhere after that. :surprise: