You know you're the parent of a difficult child when...

InsaneCdn

You know you're the parent of a difficult child... when the situation with difficult child has resulted in one (or both) of you having to self-sabotage your career.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
When teachers, counselors, medical personnel and law enforcement all think your difficult child is just so cute and sweet and could NEVER... Until they do.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
When you not only have an IEP, but you had an IEP meeting that the sheriff attended to learn how to handle difficult child and the IEP instructions include "Don't call Mom at work if Storm can't be handled, call police and leave Mom a voicemail to pick her up at the station."

most of the walls in your house are "decorated" with the contents of your difficult child's nose and you don't even bother trying to clean them anymore, just adds to the overall decor...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
most of the walls in your house are "decorated" with the contents of your difficult child's nose and you don't even bother trying to clean them anymore, just adds to the overall decor...
:rofl:

OMG OMG OMG!!! I had to have Jett scrub this stuff off his bedroom walls so we could paint! That and the blood from small cuts/scratching bites that he used to wipe on the wall!

nerfherder

When you not only have an IEP, but you had an IEP meeting that the sheriff attended to learn how to handle difficult child and the IEP instructions include "Don't call Mom at work if Storm can't be handled, call police and leave Mom a voicemail to pick her up at the station."

When you see a "You know you're the parent of a difficult child when..." entry like the one above and think "Hey, that's a really good idea!"

Jody

Oh my goodness. Too funny and then on the other hand is it? Has to be or we'd all be crying everyday of our lives. I have to think moreabout this one. Not sure if I want too, lol.

JKF

Omg! These are hysterical and SO TRUE! I am laughing so hard!!

On a more serious note:

I wish someone would do an expose on a loving parent trying to get help for their 18 year old...and experience first hand the disdain we receive and the stone walls we are up against!! Maybe I should write to Katie Couric.

Signorina - exactly!!! I agree 100%!!!! There really needs to be more exposure into what we, as parents, go through to try and get our children the help they need.

L

Liahona

When you or your husband get your diagnosis after difficult child because you realize you have the same thing.

JKF

When you've driven to every psychiatric hospital in your state bc your difficult child has been admitted to them all at one point or another.

busywend

Funny stuff! Has anyone seen there is a special on Lifetime this weekend? I know JENNIFER Aniston helped produce it. I think it might be Post Partum Depression........