You know you're tired when...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Feb 24, 2010.

  1. gcvmom

    gcvmom Here we go again!

    despite a double-shot of coffee in the middle of the day, you still can't keep your eyes open. I'm having one of those days.


    I've had a mild cold since Friday-ish -- but the post-nasal drip has my throat so sore I'm not sleeping well, and all the high-altitude fun yesterday has doubled the muffling effect in my ears from the congestion, despite taking a decongestant several times a day. I keep trying to "pop" my ears, but only the left one is cooperating.

    I think I'd rather have the flu, then no one would expect me to be functioning and I could just sleep all day. Colds have a way of making you feel crummy AND guilty, because you're not so sick you can't function, but you're not functioning like you need to.

    And now my voice is like a whiskey baritone... without the whiskey, and a trifle tone deaf. :tongue:
  2. klmno

    klmno Active Member

    I vote for taking some medications, putting on comfy jammies, and giving into the sleepiness! I hope you're feeling better soon.
  3. tiredmommy

    tiredmommy Site Moderator

    I agree with k... I think your fever just spiked. :winks:
  4. ML

    ML Guest

    I hope you get 10 hours of restorative sleep tonight gmom.
  5. Hound dog

    Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

    I also vote for jammies and bed.

    I've been feeling crummy all week too. Nausea and a killer stomach ache that won't let up for nothing. Makes me wonder if it's the same bug Darrin and Brandon had not long ago. The timing would be about right. They had vomiting, but I have to be on my death bed before I do that. lol

    Hope you feel better soon.

  6. Shari

    Shari IsItFridayYet?

    Aw, hugs. I give you persmission to be sick! (that make it better????)
  7. flutterby

    flutterby Fly away!

    Jammies and bed. Hope you feel better soon.
  8. gcvmom

    gcvmom Here we go again!

    Well, the jammies had to wait a bit -- it was LNO and I really, REALLY needed to get out of the house since I had a 4-day weekend with the kids, Know what I mean?? But I was a good girl and drank hot tea with lemon all night. It was a good night. Came home at 11:30 and tried to get easy child up to empty her bladder but I was too late :( Changed her bed while she changed herself. Then tucked her in, went to the kitchen and saw that difficult child 1 had not taken his evening medications, so went in and woke him up so he could do that. husband was asleep in the living room with the remnants of a fire still going in the fireplace. I decided not to wake him and went upstairs to bed (wasn't sure if he just wanted to keep away so HE doesn't catch this crud I have or if he was just tired or what). He finally came up around 1:30am and (thankyouverymuch) turned on the LIGHT (aaaaaaah!) before getting into bed. WHY do men do that?

    This cold is like an iceberg. It came on so gradually and is moving sooo slooooowly, each day I'm getting just a little more plugged up in my ears (I can breathe fine through my nose, weird, huh?), a little more congested in my chest, and of course my throat feels like I swallowed raw nettles or some other nice thing. Not. No fever that I can tell. My voice is just about gone. I'm just running on maybe two cylinders instead of four. Slow motion. I HATE when my head feels like this. Like I'm under water. Blech.

    Had to drive to psychiatrist's office this morning (twice in two days because they didn't have it ready yesterday) to pick up difficult child 1's Focalin rx so I could send it off to mail order since he's almost out. Then I was late picking up easy child because I lost track of time (head cold, remember?) and had to stop to get gas to make it home.

    Took difficult child 1 to lacrosse, then went back two hours later to pick him up. Learned that the entire team is now banned from the library during 6th period because of a few bozo's who thought they could be loud and obnoxious and then tell the librarian their name was Wayne Gretzky before taking off. Who do they think they are fooling? Well, she knows their names for SURE now! And she'll know them the REST of their years at that school now! Way to go and introduce yourself, dufus!

    Had easy child's open house tonight -- omg -- I thought I was going to explode. Wall to wall people, it's hot, it's LOUD, did I mention it's hot? And my ears are plugged up, so if I think it's loud, it really must be loud. husband couldn't come -- stuck at work. difficult child 2 had too much homework, so I dragged difficult child 1 along. He was well behaved and showed genuine interest in easy child's stuff, but then he disappeared. We spent 15 minutes looking for him, then I decided to heck with it and walked back to the car (three blocks away because there is WOEFULLY inadequate parking at this school). easy child and I drove back to the school lot, which was starting to empty by now, parked, and got out to hunt (and I mean that literally) for difficult child 1. FINALLY I found him on the back playground. Just standing there by a door. Like he was just hanging out, waiting for a bus or something. I was furious. I felt like garbage, I'd been walking all over looking for him (it was now a 30 minute hunt) and needed to get home because difficult child 2 needed help with homework and it was getting LATE. You all probably heard me reading him the riot act, huh? Needless to say, he is very sorry for the disappearing act and hopefully that won't happen again. Ever. Yeah right. Who am I fooling? But it was nice to see him humble and apologetic for a change.

    And it's now nearly 9pm and despite my typing up difficult child 2's essay (he is VEEERRRY slow at typing and there's not enough time tonight) he still has about an hour more of work to do. But I'm going to have him stop before then. Probably 15 more minutes. We'll see if he can finish up in the morning.

    What a day. Sorry for the ramble. Time for tea.