You were all on my mind.

Coookie

So I wanted to say hello. I think of you often and the times we shared supporting each other dealing with our difficult children . I am forever grateful. I am still managing the store at the airport. husband and I just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and difficult child is still a bit gfgish but he is out on his own, working 2 jobs and living wherever he lands. He has developed a bit of respect for us and our relationship is the best it's been since he was 5.......:) I'm going to do some reading and catch up on the old timers I knew and get to know the new members if I can. Sending warm thoughts and hugs.

DammitJanet

OMGosh!!!!! I have thought of you so often and figured I would just never see you again. I am so glad to see your happy Cookie Monster back...lol. Do you still have your slippers?

No idea where I was when you left but I now have 4 grandchildren! 3 girls and a boy. 2 are Cory's and 2 are Jamies. They range in ages from 8, 7, 5 and 3! 3 are now in school and the oldest two girls are now on ADD medications...lmao. Cant help but love my genes!

Coookie

Awwww Dammitjanet... My goodness your family has been busy. :) Or has it just been that long. :( yep. Still have the slippers and hooked on Oreos. Lol. Your Jamie will always have a special place in my heart because of how he tried to help my difficult child when he got stuck on stupid and went UA from the Marines. A decision he regrets now. Even though my difficult child does not have my genes he does have some of my traits.....some good, some bad. ;}

It is so good to hear your voice (I'm Imagining) :) when I have time I'm going to go through the posts and catch up on what I can. Hugs

Kathy813

Staff member
Hi Coookie! I think of you often, too. I remember the days in the lifeboat with you, SunnyFlorida, DDD, and PonyGirl. I am so glad to hear that your difficult child is out on his own and that your relationship with him is good. My difficult child is still struggling and is now living and hopefully working in Florida. We have finally reached the point where we have stopped enabling her.

I am so glad that you stopped by!!

~Kathy

Scent of Cedar *

Hi, Coookie!

:0)

What a great update, and I'm so glad to hear it, and to hear from you.

Ha! I remember the Cookie Monster slippers, the Oreos and the lifeboat, too!

Cedar

Coookie

OMG. Kathy & Cedar how could I forget that precious lifeboat. We spent many hours sailing around (and hanging on too) it. :)

Kathy, glad your not enabling your difficult child anymore. That is such an easy trap to fall into. I have no doubt that I would still be doing it if my difficult child still lived here. A mother's heart.....sheesh... Hope you are doing well.

Cedar, so nice to see you. I hope your doing well also. I've come to the conclusion that things don't really necessarily change as our difficult children leave the house it is just that we aren't getting hit in the face with the issues as frequently... However the issues do seem to bigger...sometimes. Just my observations. :)

Iit is so nice to hear from you all. Memories. :)

Kathy813

Staff member
Hi Cedar. How could I forget that you were in the lifeboat, too? I will never forget your thread on dock spiders and your wading boots.

Those were good times (at least on the CD board).

~Kathy

Estherfromjerusalem

Coookie (jumps on her and gives her an enormous hug and squeeze!). How absolutely wonderful to see you here. It has been too long, you know. I will never ever ever forget the days we spent together at Fran's home, where we met some other members (remember? Lovemysons, Susie, Stephanie, and another couple whom I don't remember any more). Oh boy, I think it was 10 years ago now. And in the meantime I have travelled even further -- my difficult child is in Sydney Australia, and in February this year I went to visit him. He has been there almost four years now. I can't say he is doing wonderfully well, but he is supporting himself and is independent, for which I'm grateful, and he is far away, for which too I am grateful (mean mean mother that I am). So going to see him was really good, and I also got to meet Marge and Marge's Man which was a wonderful bonus, and I saw their beautiful village by the sea. Coookie, please update us how you have been all these years. Love, Esther

Coookie

Hi Esther. Sending an enormous hug back. Yep I remember Frans. I replied in Slsh 's thread. I completely understand being grateful that your difficult child is far away. The time comes when we need peace. We earned it. :) How wonderful you got to meet Marge and her man. I believe that no matter how much time passes we will all have a special bond, old members and new, because we all understand the pain a difficult child can cause. Sending you much love Esther.

witzend

I think of you at every airport, each time I pass a shop, and wonder how you are! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. We don't ever forget. :)

slsh

member since 1999
Coookie!!!!! OMG, so wonderful to "see" you again. Congrats to you and husband on 25 years! No small feat!

Glad to hear difficult child is self-sustaining at this point and is redeveloping some respect for you guys. Honestly, I think some of our kids are just in severe slow motion when it comes to getting it together. I guess the good news is that however slow, it's still forward motion in the end. Even with the hiccups.

Just so good to see that you're still around and things are going pretty good (comparatively speaking, LOL!!). A big old hug to you!

Ephchap

Cookie! OMG, how are you my friend? I am no longer here much either, but pop in from time to time to read up on my cd family. Glad to hear things are going well with difficult child. We all certainly held each other up through some very rough times. My difficult child was just married this past weekend, and in January (knock on wood), will celebrate 5 years of sobriety.

Sending hugs and love to you and yours.
Deb (ephchap)

Coookie

Aw Witz. So good to see you. :) I read your profile. :( Hope you are doing good. You are so right....we don't ever forget...hopefully we can meet again someday and commiserate :) sending hugs.

Sue, I just ☺ thinking about you and all we went through. I smile when I think about how far your difficult child has come along too. ☺ sending you many hugs

Deb, What can I say...you must be so proud of your difficult child too. Seeing your post just brings me back to the times we did hold each other up. :) So many memories. Some good ones....and bad. OMG it is so nice to hear from you and see the progress your difficult child has made. 5 years...Wow

I just love you all and want to thank you again for getting me through the hell that life with a difficult child can be. I will check in periodically but know that my thoughts are with you all. The old timers and the ones struggling now. I couldn't have made it through sane without the people here.