You'd think I'd be used to drama by now.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Apparently I'm NOT.

All the drama last month with mother in law over me not promptly returning her phone calls, and wanting ME to invite them over to spend the night this Monday (and let them know the specific time to come over, no less) so that husband could drive them to the airport to travel back to TX to pack for their move to CA? That was just an exercise in showmanship.

Now they have decided that they need husband to come over on Sunday to their new place (to which they already have the keys) to help them with "stuff," and that they will leave their car at said new place while they are gone packing. Ergo husband will be bringing them to OUR house on SUNDAY now. :slap: (Of course, why didn't I think of that?)

I am beginning to see a pattern here, lol. And I have a feeling that moving them to this state is going to result in a sea change for the entire family, whether they realize it or not. This woman is like a riptide and none of her kids seem to be able to swim out. You can't stand that close to a vortex and not feel a tug. So I think I'm going to put on my own life jacket, practice the self-preservation skills I've learned about riptides (you either swim with it and be prepared for a very long haul back to shore, or you swim perpendicular until you are clear of it).

husband has promised to dig out the guest room today to find the beds for them to use. We shall see if he's able to make that happen.