Young adult's test scores

itsmethere

I am a 24 year old female who graduated from college, although barely, two years ago. I have cerebral palsy (brain damage) from premature birth and this is where my Learning Disability (LD) comes from. I always had difficulties in school (especially in English and History and was relatively better in Science and Math) but always got good grades because of motivation and hard work. Therefore, I did not get tested for Learning Disability (LD) until sophomore year of college when I just couldn't cope anymore. I took SAT without accommodations and got a 1350 (680 V, 670 M). I got tested for Learning Disability (LD) in 2005 at age 20 and here are my scores:

WAIS III

Similarities--19

Vocabulary--18

Information--15

Arithmetic--13

Digit Span--11

Letter-Number Sequencing--11

Matrix Reasoning--10 (feel that I could've done better on this one if my examiner did not push me to give an answer quickly. It is supposed to be untimed, but I don't feel that it was not completely untimed. When I took this subtest again a few years later with unlimited time as part of a research study, I got a 12).

Block Design--5

Picture Completion--2

Digit-Symbol Coding--5

Symbol Search--7

Verbal Comprehension Index--145
Working Memory Index--109
Perceptual Organization Index--71
Perceptual Speed Index--79

Verbal IQ--135
Performance IQ--73
Full Scale IQ--average (not calculated due to discrepancy)

So what do you guys think based on these test scores?

Also, what careers do you think would I be good at and enjoy. Obviously, there is a number of things in which I struggle.

klmno

Hi!! I'm not qualified to answer your questions- most of us here are parents of kids and can't give expert advice since we are not professionals. What did the person who tested you recommend? As far as a career choice, what is your major from college? What do you want to do? Have you talked to a career counselor? You might try going to the library and getting a book with a self-test in it for determining areas of strengths and weaknesses as they apply to careers and seeing what that reveals. Good luck!!

Also, if you are really curious about these test results, you could make an appointment with a psychologist (phD level) who does neuropsychological testing, review these test results with him/her and see what they say. He/she might want to give you more thorough testing but this is an option if you want to pursue learning more about yourself and finding out better strategies for dealing with any areas of weakkness. This can also reveal hidden strengths!