Young difficult child graduation Pics...

lovemysons

Hi All,
I put these out on my last post but thought it better if I just made the pics a topic for those who want to see the latest.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13271215@N05/

So hard to believe young difficult child is married and in the Army and about to have a baby...seems like only yesterday he was driving me crazy at home, lol.

The first photo has oldest difficult child in it from 2 weeks ago when we went to visit him at the halfway house.

Hope you enjoy.
Tammy
PS...that's easy child with my mom. Doesn't my mom look like a young Great grandma to be?

KFld

it's so nice when we get to place a face with a name. What a handsome young man, and a beautiful family.

jbrain

I am sure my 2 dtrs would say your son is hot! Very nice looking family and yes, your mom doesn't look anything like a great grandma to be!
--Jane

DDD

I was trying to see Josh and darned if that one picture doesn't
show on my computer...bummer. I'll try on the home computer and
see if it is brighter.

You guys are all drop dead gorgeous! It's great to see some
happy times for you again, my friend. Hugs. DDD

lovemysons

Glad yall enjoyed!

Thanks Big Bad Kitty...I love his dimples too, he gets em from me! lol

Thanks Karen...I too love to put a face with a name. I believe I saw pics of your easy child not too long ago in the Watercooler from a Prom I think. Beautiful young lady.

Jane...Wouldn't it be nice if good looks made a bit of difference for our kids!
My mom was 17 when she had me. She is 58 now and I have always thought I had the most beautiful mom in the world. She has such a positive outgoing spirit, I think that keeps her young. Plus, she laughs alot...even when it's NOT funny, smile. She's my mom.

DDD...Sorry you couldn't see oldest. He's still as handsome as ever and his leadership skills are being worked at the halfway house. He is part of a 2 man team that writes up others for infractions there. He doesn't like to do that though...
We'll be seeing him tomorrow night as he will drive up here to spend the weekend with us. He earned a 48 hour pass.
I don't know about the drop dead gorgeous comment...least not for me. I have gained 20 pounds! since getting on the Abilify in Feb. I do not like the weight gain at all. I do think my kiddos are beautiful though...dad is a handsome guy as well. Like I said before...if only good looks made a bit of difference.

Thanks for checking us out. I used to put pics up of the boys several years ago...gosh I think they were 13 and 14 when I first found the Board. Thanks G-d myself and others have survived those very rough teen years!

Tammy

MrsMcNear46

Tammy-

They have all grown so much since the pics when you and Joseph renewed your vows. Very good looking family.

Yes, Great Grandma looks you, but GRANDMA, you look way too young to be having grandbabies!!!!!

As always, my blessings and prayers to each of you.

Love,

Julie

lovemysons

Thinking of you too Julie.
Are you an official grandma yet???
Thought the new baby Lincoln was due yesterday.

Hoping you all are doing great,
with love,
Tammy

MrsMcNear46

Yes, Baby Lincoln was due yesterday. Dr.'s appointment today, only dilated to a 1, no change in cervix. If she doesn't deliver by next Thursday, they will induce. My Sweetest Betsy is doing remarkably well under the circumstances. She is going to make a great mommy and I think we have seen the last of the "it's all about me attitude." She has matured so much!

Will keep you posted.

Love,

Julie

Ephchap

What wonderful pictures, Tammy! Wow, difficult child 2 sure has grown up into a fine young man! That's such great news.

As for the family, yes, a great looking bunch. Your mom? No way does she look like a great-grandma to be!

Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs to you and yours,
Deb

DDD

I can see Josh on the home computer! Lordy, Lordy he still is a
handsome devil..lol. I agree, Tammy, it's amazing how many years
some of us have survived this stress. Like you it has beefed me
up an extra 20 but....I'm still hanging in there! Hugs. DDD

lovemysons

Thanks Julie...Yep, I imagine your Sweet Betsy is learning, even as we speak, that it's "all about baby" now. Those babies have a way even in labor of letting us know they will do as they please and in their own time, lol.
Hang in there, looking forward to your update.

Deb...thanks for the hugs. Isn't it incredible that young difficult child is growing up into a man. He was such a quirky difficult child. He still has a facination with the weather and at times has expressed interest in going back to college to become a meteorologist one day...we shall see.

He called us 2 days ago on a train to Amsterdam. He and another
Army fella were going sightseeing and...While he was home for 2 weeks before being sent to Germany, he and his wife traveled to the Rocky mts. in Colorado, his most Favorite place in the world! I'm glad he got a chance to go since we don't know what tomorrow brings...being sent to Iraq.

As for my mom...she and I get called "sisters" all the time. Which is almost close to true when you consider that we "grew up together". She raised me alone without a dad (met him when I was 17) and I went through her college years, her hippy stage, her professional stage, etc. I watched her mature as she has watched me...we've come along way. We are still very close, though nothing alike in personality, lol.

LOL DDD! Your comment about J still being a handsome lil Devil. You must remember well all of his charming/manipulative ways described in years past...smile.

We had a nice visit with him this weekend. He was very helpful and considerate while home. He and husband moved daughter in laws furniture to a storage unit together.
He also visited with a girlfriend from 2 years ago. He said they needed closure and both decided to move on. He said that he doesn't want to be with someone who remembers only the old J and the "bad boy" J. I was very pleased that he is looking at himself with a positive view. Maybe some of that "lil devil" is starting to develope into a new man...we shall see.
He left an hour or so ago to return to the halfway house 4 hours away. He gave me lots of hugs and kisses, lots of "I love you's". I needed them...

Thanks again for viewing my pics.
with love,
Tammy

TYLERFAN

Tammy:

What a Handsome man! :bravo:

You should be very proud. Remember, Tomorrow will take care of itself....One Day at a Time, my firend.

Blessings,
Melissa :angel:

lovemysons

Melissa...
While young difficult child was home for 2 weeks he showed us paperwork of $ he has left to husband and his wife in the event he doesn't make it back from Iraq, that was alitte disturbing. Then, the other night, there was an aired TV special on Texas soldiers who did not make it back and their families, so upsetting I had to turn it off. Mostly difficult child's concern is being injured, losing an arm or leg. He has also mentioned PTSD and asked me if I thought he would suffer from that.

But...It's not something I have ANY control over and young difficult child knew the risks going in and Still very much wanted to be a soldier and fight for our freedoms, etc. It seems as though it was his "calling" if you will. He is very proud to be a soldier!

Thank you for the "One Day At A Time" reminder.
You are right...all we have is this day to truly live.

hugs,
Tammy

tpcmom

What really nice pictures. Beautiful family, your boys are so handsome!

Yes you and mom look so much alike I can believe people called you sisters.

Congrats on the baby! No way you look like you're going to be a grandmom!

Bette

lovemysons

Bette, thank you. You're so sweet.
My mom just emailed me from some Islands. She's with her girlfriends, 6 of them altogether, traveling. She got robbed yesterday but she's okay...they broke into their car. There's always excitement with that mom of mine. She is such an outgoing, wild woman, lol. We are almost nothing alike in personality but thank you for saying we look like sisters, she's very pretty and alot of fun!

Bette...I think of you often and you remain in my prayers.

hugs and love,
Tammy

tpcmom

Thank you Tammy. I never turn down prayers :smile:

Sorry to hear she was robbed, but glad she is still enjoying the trip.

Bette