Your Best Cookie Recipe

AllStressedOut

Hey everyone! Well school started and with difficult children I need to seriously bribe the staff and teacher's at the new schools. So I need your best cookie recipe! I'm going to bake my peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, but I want to bake a few more types because I know some people may be allergic or don't like peanut butter (weirdos). LOL Below is my recipe, post your recipe and let me know why its your favorite! Are they soft cookies, crunchy, no bake, bake, what makes them the best?

The cookies below are a top favorite at home, but I made them for Christmas gifts last year too and they were a huge hit with my friends daughter, the mailman, the school and more. They are soft and have a great peanut butter taste. You can use chunky or creamy peanut butter.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup white sugar
1 cupe packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 (18 oz.) jar peanut butter
2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips or reeses peanut butter baking cups

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl cream butter & sugars until smooth. Add eggs, yolk & vanilla, mix until fluffy. Stir in peanut butter. Sift together flour, baking soda & salt. Mix all together. Stir in chocolate chips. Place 1 inch balls on cookie sheet, cross cut with fork. Place remaining batter in fridge while other cookies are baking. Cook for 11-13 minutes. Cookies should appear dry on top.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole will love em. I'll have to print out the recipe.

Now for mine, well it isn't really mine lol.

1. Go to supermarket down baking isle.

2. pick up a box or jar of Nonesuch Mincemeat

3. read recipe on box or jar and buy ingredients

4. go home and bake some of the yummiest cookies you've ever tasted. (they're best the 2nd day)

Don't let the mincedmeat part throw you. It's just apples and dates with burbon. :grin:

My whole family fights over these cookies. :rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nonesuch is the actual brand. Walmart Supercenter and Kroger's both carry it. So do most other supermarket chains.

Don't worry about it, I recall asking my Mom the same question. lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm pretty sure it's with the baking stuff. I think around where they keep the canned condensed milk, pie fillings and such.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
How did you ever discover this? I would have read mincemeat and run.......I will be looking for this on the next trip to W-mart..........thanks!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Believe it or not, German friends of my Mom's.

They had her taste a cookie without telling her what kind it was. :rofl:

Actually, that's how I get most people hooked on them. :blush:

K

Kjs

My ultimate favorite I don't even know the name for.
Have seen many others make it. Don't know how they do it, I just wing it because I don't know what they are called.

I take Peanut butter cookie recipie

refrigerate dough a few hours or overnight

Roll into small balls, roll balls in sugar

Bake at whatever peanut butter cookie recipe says
(they never look done, but when they start to crack they are)
immediately upon removing from oven place a hershey's kiss in the center. Yummy. Only thing is then I get up in the middle of the night and eat them!

So, who knows the real name of these cookies??

nvts

you know, sometimes people just HAND you the opening for a good line, and... :rofl:

that's it, I'm going to burn...

beth

AllStressedOut

Okay, I can't find the None Such Mincemeat anywhere! Walmart and Tom Thumb didn't have it. I searched online at Kroger, no luck. by the way, you can do special orders online at Kroger.com. Very cool. So I've asked for them to order it, but it will take up to 10 days.

I need more favorite cookie recipes!

DDD

I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. As I think
you know I love to cook BUT I don't bake so I'm no help with
cookies, cakes etc. Mine come from boxes, lol. Good luck. DDD

'Chelle

Whipped Shortbread, I can't get enough of whipped shortbread. Not realy calorie counting kind of cookies though LOL.

We just drop these from a tsp, though they don't look as pretty as from a press, they taste as good LOL. And you can decorate them with cherry pieces, chocolate etc.

Whipped Shortbread
1 pound butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt
1/2 cup cornstarch
3 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 F. Cream together butter, icing sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually add cornstarch and flour. Whip with an electric mixer until fluffy. Place into a cookie press and press out cookies on cool baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Ricotta cookies (OMG these are so good)

2 c. Sugar
1/2 lb. Butter
2 Eggs
1 lb. (16 oz.) Ricotta Cheese
2 tsp. Vanilla
4 c. Flour
1 tsp. Baking SODA
1 tsp. Baking POWDER

1. Pre-Heat Oven at 350
2. Cream together Butter & sugar.
3. Add eggs and BEAT.
4. Add Ricotta & Vanilla and BEAT.
5. Mix all dry ingredients and sift or whisk.
6. Add Dry ingredients slowly to wet ingredients.
7. Drop dough onto cookie sheets.
8. Bake 350°F for 10-12 minutes.

Icing Mix

1 1/2 c. 10X Confectioners Sugar*
3 to 4 tbsp. Milk*
Couple drops food color, if desired

*Mix until Smooth*

Spread icing on cookies while still warm (not hot) for best effect.

donna723

Can you stand another peanut butter cookie recipe? These are not pretty, not fancy, they're just GOOD! I am practically ordered to make these every Christmas and I've taken them to work before and people fight over them! It's not really a "recipe", just regular peanut butter cookies made into a "sandwich" cookie with the small size Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, the ones that are about an inch and a half wide.

Use any standard p'nut butter cookie recipe - I use the one on the Butter Flavor Crisco package because it's really good. Make one cookie sheet of cookies the regular way, with the fork marks, but make them a little flatter than usual, and try to get them all about the same size. When this first batch is done, put them on a wire rack to cool. These will be the "lids". Then put in a second batch of cookies, and let them start baking. Two minutes BEFORE the baking time is over, take the cookie sheet out of the oven and turn the cookies over with a spatula. Top each cookie with an (unwrapped) peanut butter cup candy, then put them back in the oven and bake for the remaining two minutes. This softens the candy and slightly melts the chocolate, but they don't lose their shape. Then take one of the cooled "lids" from the first batch and press it into the candy, smooshing it around and twisting a little to make the chocolate squish out to the edges of the "sandwich". A lot simpler than it sounds here.

These are WONDERFUL and absolutely addictive. The peanut butter makes kind of a "filling" inside ... and all that chocolate! My kids love them!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm printing these out for the holidays.

Otherwise my "healthy living" is going to go right out the window. :smile:

donna those cookies sound sinful. :devil:

AllStressedOut

Donna, my husband just left me for you. He is headed to Tennessee now. I'm broken up, but only because he didn't take the kids with him.

LOL :rofl:

donna723

I found that recipe years ago in a <u>very</u> old Southern Living cookbook and I've been making them ever since! And they're so simple to make! When my son and I went to my daughter and sister in law's house in S. Carolina for Christmas, I took several different kinds of cookies along. When we went to a holiday dinner at sister in law's aunts house, they brought a lot of the cookies along to share. But they very carefully stashed the peanut butter cookies away AT HOME before we left! :smile: :smile:

We have a dinner at work every year right before Christmas - and there's always at least a dozen people asking me if I'm bringing the peanut butter cookies again this year! I guess it never occurs to them that they could actually make them at home themselves! :grin: