Your bigggest pet peeves

BusynMember

I thought of a few more

1/pierced tongues and eyebrows and lips (They make me cringe in pain.)

2/When you buy a cup of coffee and it tastes like it's burned or watery

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
People who take the whole damn family to Wal-mart.........everyone is dressed except for the baby who is in a diaper with a drippy green nose .............and it's 40 below outside.

The other day in CA we went for a hike in the woods and everyone was wearing light fleece around us, hats and some even were wearing gloves. This couple walks by us all bundled up and the baby in the carrier is wearing nothing but a sweat outfit and socks. No booties, no shoes or slippers and worst of all, NO HAT!! And this baby was bald, ok, and the wind was howling. I was appalled. How stupid.

And speaking of dragging the whole family along...back when I was recently separated and receiving public assistance, I saw entire families, I mean generations of families, coming to those appts. I always left my girls at home - the place was filthy and I didn't want them there. Why does the entire family have to come along when really, only the head of household has to be there?? I never got that - all sick and crying babies and loud kids running wild. Ugh.

muttmeister

Speaking of WalMart....people who don't own a mirror or refuse to look in it. Don't you wonder what some people are thinking when they leave the house? I don't expect everybody to dress up and have their hair professionally done and their make up perfect. But I do not want to see their rear ends hanging out when they stoop over; I do not want to smell them coming two aisles over; I do not want them trying on things before I do and then I have to worry about lice or worse. And it seems to me that with a lot of women, the bigger their butt is, the smaller the size of pants they try to stretch over it and then instead of wearing a tunic or even a long Tshirt to cover up the worst of it, they wear a short, short top and waddle out the door. I see large women who look beautiful; it's not the size I don't like; it's the total lack of regard for how they look. You don't have to buy things that are expensive; I'm sure you could find something appropriate at GoodWill. What the :censored2: are they thinking?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
They're NOT thinking. I've noticed the same thing. It's all the fault of us 80s kids who loved our Spandex. Now we put it in everything. I used to be about 20 lbs overweight, and I wore baggy everything to hide it. Ewww I didn't want people seeing my rolls! And I really didn't have much. Especially not in comparison with a lot of the young women I see... Muffins, is what they remind me of. And not the yummy blueberry ones.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Kitty...

Overweight does not equal icky. I've seen some beautiful people that some would consider overweight. And oh - about that unattractive - have you ever heard the saying "ugly is as ugly does"? Beauty does not, and I can tell you this for sure, have much to do with the outside. I'm no Miss America. Someone who doesn't know me might not look twice. But I try to be a good person and I've been told that it shows.

And that pierced tongue? Good place for it. You can hide it - like my tattoos! Or you can be yourself and show it. That shows you have common sense... Something you want, and can show off but don't have to.

You can come out & play any time as far as I am concerned!

KTMom91

Since Miss KT has been home with the flu for two days, went to school today, and is on her way home now because she still doesn't feel good, I have been made aware of several irritations.

1. People who find a cute phrase and repeat it. Over and over and over. If I have to hear, "Um, yeah, about that..." or "Are you for reals?" again, somebody's gonna get hurt.

2. Putting leftovers in the fridge and not retrieving them until they have green things growing on them.

3. Using a new glass for water every time. And getting a new plate for the second piece of toast.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
KTMom - how about, when someone wants to know whether or not you're joking, "are you CEREAL?"

I finally started responding with stuff like, "Yup, Raisin Bran." She quit after a few months.

klmno

Driving down the road in left lane, put turn signal on to move into available space in right lane, car in rear in right lane speeds up so I now have to slow down in the fast lane to move over, then the car passes me and moves into fast lane. Arghhh...

difficult child putting empty containers back in the cabinet or fridge and not letting me know we're out of the item.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
BBK, we can slink out together. If you promise not to talk in the theater I'll promise not to snap my gum and blow bubbles while the movie's going.

XXX

Suz

Ok Loth, I'm from Jersey and I hate those left lane-slowmoving cars!
Salespeople in Jersey, they have no idea how to give customer service, they finish their personal conversation, answer their cell phones, and get annoyed if they have to ring you up and nobody will ever say thank you! I am used to it, but when I go to another state, I always think people are so polite there.

I don't like people in the sauna who lay on the floor and do some type of strange stretches, it creeps me out when I'm trying to enjoy the sauna! At least once a week this happens.

Grown women who dress in teenager clothes and don't have the figure for it. Or even those that do have the figure for it, just tacky.

My worst pet peeve is when I see someone in a Giants or Dallas article of clothing! Really, anything that isn't a Philly team.-Alyssa

Last edited:

donna723

I've tried to stay out of this one because usually when I get started, I can't stop, but ...

A lot of mine are about driving because I do so much of it! I HATE people who don't signal! On my way home, I go up the exit ramp of the interstate and then have to turn left on to a busy State road and go over the bridge that's the overpass for the interstate. To the right is a busy truck stop with lots of vehicles leaving to get back on the interstate. So I'm sitting there and I could turn left but then there's a vehicle coming from the right and since they're not signalling, I have to assume that they're going straight ... so I sit there. And almost every time they will turn right on to the interstate without signalling ... and I'm still sitting there, and I could have turned! But by then there's something coming from the other direction and I'm waiting again!

And I hate having one of those people in front of me who finds it necessary to put their blinker on when the person in front of them is signalling to turn! What's with that anyway? You're behind them and they're signalling and you expect them to turn - then the person in front of them turns, and they don't! I have a friend at work who does this and she thinks she's helping ... she's not!

And don't even get me started on the cell phones, especially people who are off in their own little world jabbering, eyes glazed over, while they're driving! I just want to slap them! I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the conversations are completely unnecessary. And in the grocery store ... I can understand answering it if it rings, especially if you're waiting for a call. But I really don't like to be forced to listen to people's private conversations in the cereal aisle! And so many of them seem to be these mindless, pointless, stupid conversations like, "What are you doing? Nothing. What are you doing? Nothing ... " I don't make those kinds of phone calls and I sure don't want to listen to someone else's! And people will talk about the most private things, like their trip to the gynocologist, oblivious to the dozens of people who are close enough to hear them. Then they give YOU a dirty look, like you invaded their privacy! Sheeesh!