Your Dream Home

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Thank you. I am happy with how it turned out. I hear I may have to screen in due to bugs. Will see. I have not seen it yet in person. Husband and son there and took pics this week. Yep I like iced tea but husband hates it but I am going to try to get him to like it! LOL

RN0441

SWOT

I used the snipping tool feature on my computer. I snipped it and just pasted it. It's big but I didn't know how to make it smaller. Will have to work on it. I did not upload it as Lil said but see it now on the bottom right.

BusynMember

Ok....this is a pix of the outside if our house but you can't see the deck and yard. I am just seeing if I can post.

Wow. It came our. The back is prettier with a full deck and fenced yard. I can't wait to move!

IMG_20180430_101843.jpg

BusynMember

I do love it. Very nice on the inside with a big deck in back. Love it! Basement is nice too and they are leaving a nice pool table for company. Two bathrooms and hardwood floors.

Apple, that is vinyl siding and the windows are on the new side. Furnace/water heater fairly new too.

What we like the most is that although we have a few neighbors, it is woodsy and a quiet cul-de-sac. You can hear the crickets and birds. We have enough room to park our RV on the property too, although the boat is at Jumper's house as her yard is huge. Plus anything we buy, we share.

Now we are going to buy some land near the lake for camping and boating. Real estate is cheap here.

I feel so lucky.

Pink Elephant

I do love it. Very nice on the inside with a big deck in back. Love it! Basement is nice too and they are leaving a nice pool table for company. Two bathrooms and hardwood floors.

Apple, that is vinyl siding and the windows are on the new side. Furnace/water heater fairly new too.

What we like the most is that although we have a few neighbors, it is woodsy and a quiet cul-de-sac. You can hear the crickets and birds. We have enough room to park our RV on the property too, although the boat is at Jumper's house as her yard is huge. Plus anything we buy, we share.

Now we are going to buy some land near the lake for camping and boating. Real estate is cheap here.

I feel so lucky.
You are lucky, SOT. When are you inviting us all over? :)

AppleCori

Thank you. I am happy with how it turned out. I hear I may have to screen in due to bugs. Will see. I have not seen it yet in person. Husband and son there and took pics this week. Yep I like iced tea but husband hates it but I am going to try to get him to like it! LOL

I would definitely think about screening in the porch. The milder winter climates are kinder to bugs.

I was just in Texas last month, and the mosquitos were out in full force, especially around dusk. Here, we haven’t been bothered by much, except for gnats.

AppleCori

I feel so lucky.

The vinyl siding and windows are a big plus.

We put siding and new-construction, rated-for-the-climate nice windows and new mesh gutters in this house about three years ago, I believe.

It cost upwards of 20k.

Bigger house than yours, but @ll the same, those things are pricey.

I do love having a basement, too, even if the laundry room is in it.

RN0441

SWOT where is the house? It's adorable!

Here's the front of our new house. Could the bushes be any smaller in front? There are bricks and junk on the front porch from builder. House not done inside yet so I'm sure they'll clean it up. The pretty windows on top is our storage area. Seems kind of dumb to waste them on a storage area but it is a spec home so we couldn't change layout. The upstairs bedrooms have windows on the side of the house. The best part is we are on the corner and across the street is woods so it will be quiet and peaceful. The house is hurricane proof. The accent siding is some kind of cement concoction that is popular there but house is brick except for front. Very expensive in Chicago for all brick but not in Bama!

upload_2018-6-6_10-45-28.png

BusynMember

I have heard that in some states there are no basements, even in tornado areas. In the Chicago area and Wisconsin most homes have basements. I am afraid of tornadoes (yes I am a baby) so a basement was a must have. Also they give you more room.

BusynMember

RN, we live in North Central Wisconsin. Your house is amazing ! I think peace and quiet and nature are so important. You will be so happy there!

I read once, and it was years ago so it may not be the same now, that the Chicago burbs were the third most expensive area in the country behind areas of California and New York. I think it is so nice when we find out what we can get for so much less in other beautiful areas.

Jabberwockey

Oh, do I ever like it! So inviting and homey...

It would have been if the idiots had let us have it. The interior of the house is completely gutted right now. Morons.

Trying to think of the two styles of homes I like. Lil will remember. Craftsman and Dutch Colonial??? I think the house on The Gorge of Eternal Peril property was Dutch Colonial?? And more land is always better. I'd like to have 40 to 50 acres, that way we have plenty of room so the chickens, greenhouse, fenced yard, and hunting, fishing, and small archery range don't interfere with each other.

My brain is fried today. Actually had to look up greenhouse because I couldn't remember it.

RN0441

RN, we live in North Central Wisconsin. Your house is amazing ! I think peace and quiet and nature are so important. You will be so happy there!

I read once, and it was years ago so it may not be the same now, that the Chicago burbs were the third most expensive area in the country behind areas of California and New York. I think it is so nice when we find out what we can get for so much less in other beautiful areas.

We're going from taxes of almost $8k to $1k per year - automatic raise! LOL

AppleCori

I have heard that in some states there are no basements, even in tornado areas. In the Chicago area and Wisconsin most homes have basements. I am afraid of tornadoes (yes I am a baby) so a basement was a must have. Also they give you more room.

In some areas, you can’t build basements for several different reasons.

In Texas most people don’t have basements, either because the limestone is so close to the surface (and digging it out is expensive) or the clay soil isn’t conducive to basements. They use pier and beam foundations. Oklahoma may have the same concerns, because they don’t seem to have a lot of basements, as far as I have heard. Land prices are generally cheaper, so building spread out is cheaper than down, too.

Up north, they generally have to dig down farther to place the pipes so that they won’t freeze, so putting in a basement isn’t all that much added expense.