Your first love. Good idea, Pink or Appl!

AppleCori

I started a new school, and in the first class I met this girl. She introduced me to her cousin and some of her friends. Well, there was a school event about two weeks away and the cousin invited me to go with him to the event. I didn’t particularly want to date this guy necessarily, but the whole group was going so I decided to go anyway.

Later that day I had athletics class and my friend and I were practicing basketball during free time and this guy comes over. He is tall and built, with dark curly hair. Athelete. And two grades older. Just my type.

He starts talking to me and it’s pretty obvious he is interested. Soon he asks me to go with him to the same event. I told him that I already had a date, but he wasn’t deterred.

We exchanged numbers, and talked and he started walking me to class and all that stuff. He kept on about the event, and after a couple of days, I (shamefully) relented and told him I would go with him. He said he would tell the other guy that I had changed my mind. I let him.

Somehow, I kept the friends, though.

Anyway, my boyfriend and I were inseparable. We walked to class together, sat together at lunch, he drove me home from school (especially when we had after school practices) and we were thought of as a couple but everyone—teachers and students. We were in a really small rural school, and everyone knew everyone. When I would have a question about math (often) the teacher would tell me to go ask Mike—and so I would go to his classroom and knock and ask for him. The teacher would send him out and we would sit on the picnic table outside and work on my homework. As if we had some special right to be together. It was crazy. And, I did this a lot. More than I needed to. It worked for Spanish too.

Well, when I was in 11th grade we moved. Mike and I kept up a long-distance relationship while he was at college.

One day he came and picked me up and took me back with him, for several specific reasons. I decided to go back home, though, as soon as I got there.

But then, later on i had him come and get me and I decided to stay with him. My mom let us get married so that I could finish school there.

Lil

High school sweethearts getting married (and staying married) always amaze me. I actually know a few. Maybe it surprises me so because I didn't have a high school sweetheart. I had one guy like me at 15, asked me to go to church with him...my parents wouldn't let me because that was a "date" and I wasn't allowed to date yet. Jeeze! That was the end of Leonard. There was another guy who I...and two of my friends (no, not all at once)...kind of "dated", if by dated you mean hang out and smootch on. That was the extent of high school.

My first real boyfriend was in college. I'm not 100% sure how I met him, but I'm pretty sure it was in one of the bars we hung out in. He called and asked me out. I was 19 and had never had a one-on-one date. I remember my friends had to paint my nails because my hands were shaking so hard! He was in the Air Force, not in college. Anyway, he took me out, bought me a meal, and we went to a local state park and just kind of hung out, talked, etc. My friends were LIVID when I got back! I'd been gone for hours - years and years before cell phones - and they thought I'd been kidnapped or raped and murdered. LOL! We dated for months, until he was sent to Guam. He came to visit me over the summer and got angry with me at some point and refused to come in the house and slept in my car! I was so embarrassed by his behavior, but mom knew what was going on and explained it to me. I still remember her saying, "He doesn't want you to tell him how beautiful Guam is and how he's going to love it there...he wants you to tell him you'll miss him and don't want him to leave!" I was soooo clueless and innocent where men were concerned. You see, I had a plan and it did NOT involve getting married before I was out of college and working. Bless him, I realized he was MUCH more serious about us than I had been. I think, had I given him any encouragement, he'd have asked me to marry him so I could go with him...I never gave him that opening. He went to Guam and we never saw each other again. I wonder what ever became of him.

AppleCori

High school sweethearts getting married (and staying married) always amaze me.

In my case, we got married but we didn’t STAY married. I call him my starter-husband. Kinda like a starter house....

I loved your stories!

I have a guy-in-the-military story!

Years ago, I went to this woman’s house with my friend, who had business over there for for some reason.

We are sitting there talking (I remember it to this day, I was sitting in the window seat) and in walks this guy I knew from high school! We were pretty good friends but had lost touch. Anyway, we recognized each other instantly and started talking, startling my friend and his mother. After a while the two of them went in the other room for some reason and just me and the guy were talking. He was about to be shipped out to Germany in the next few days and he asked me to just drop everything and get married and go with him.

Well, I didn’t Obviously, but some part of me wishes I had just gone. It might have been really fun.

Last edited:

Lil

He was about to be shipped out to Germany in the next few days and he asked me to just drop everything and get married and go with him.

Yowsa! Talk about a fast mover! "Hey! I haven't seen you since high school! Let's get married and move to Germany!" :laugh:

I dated a Marine recruiter for a while in law school. Not sure why we broke up, but we (he) decided we weren't meant to be. Unfortunately for him, he left a Marine Corps t-shirt and his dog tags in my apartment, so he didn't get a nice clean get-away.

I was nice enough to give him the dog tags, as he was going to get in rather serious trouble over those. The shirt I gave to my roommate's Rottweiler.

AppleCori

Yowsa! Talk about a fast mover! "Hey! I haven't seen you since high school! Let's get married and move to Germany!" :laugh:.

He was probably worried about being alone in a foreign country and wanted company, but I prefer to think that it was because I looked so good......