"Your mama is soo stupid..."

M

ML

Manster and his friend S are playing together today. They're just cracking up at these jokes and refining a list of the ones they think are truly funny. It's actually almost educational as many of the jokes are over their heads and I have to explain. They asked "who is Dan Quayle". They now know he was a former VP that got blasted for spelling the word "potato" wrong. Then they re-read the joke and cracked up. "You're mama is so stupid she called up Dan Quayle for a spell check. :)

ML

PS We are off to skate city where this 47 year old will put on a pair of skates and pray I don't break anything.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Now that they know who Dan Quayle is, you want me to go downtown and take a picture of the Dan Quayle Vice Presidential Museum for them?

Seriously.

Lothlorien

It's pretty funny when you come across an old joke book.

I crack up when I watch some of the old game shows on the GSN channel. They crack jokes about current events in the 70's and 80's. My kids look at me like I have two heads, because they don't understand the humor.

Be careful skating. My friend broke her wrist last year.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wear a helmet and wrist guards! And if you must fall, fall on your fanny, not on your face! :p

easy child has my old joke book from when I was her age. Some of the jokes were borderline archaic back then in the '70s -- so she REALLY doesn't get a lot of them now. I've since explained, so now she thinks they're hysterical. :D

M

ML

Thanks stang!

I don't have wrist guards but I will be very careful.

These kids crack me up. They are so opposite. S is the most easy child kid I've ever known. She is patient and instead of getting annoyed by manster like some would, she just cracks up at him. She is super tall (taller than me) and thin as a rail. Manster is average height and hefty. They are an unlikely pair but somehow they work and connect and it's so cool.

Later xo ML

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay and omitting the obvious -

Yo momma is so silly - she actually put on skates at 47 years old. :tongue:

BE BRAVE OH SILLY ONE:peaceful:

M

ML

well I took them off almost as soon as I put them on. I got the wrist guards which were provided for free which was good. But I saw busload after busload of kids coming into the place and decided to take them off. Those kids scared me!

So mama may be smarter than she looks ;)

Marguerite

I remember the old Dan Quayle jokes. Which is a worry, because Aussies don't even get involved in US politics. Only at the government level...

We did have him over here at a Press CLub luncheon (televised on our national broadcast TV network) and he really seemed like a smart guy. But I never am one to pass up a good joke, especially one we can easily adapt to any person alleged to be dumb.

The joke I remember - "There was a fire at Dan Quayle's house last night in his library. Both books were burned, including the one he was still colouring in."

I've taken great delight in modifying that joke to name various past teachers of difficult child 3's. Or has the joke since been adapted to name Paris Hilton instead? (who also can't be as thick as she seems - surely nobody is?)

Marg

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I love roller skating!!! I am not that good, but I have fun. But then again I still try to skate board, I never claimed to be that smart.
And Marg that was funny! Thanks