your prom song/wedding song/life song

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
OK gals, lets test are memories::whistling:

Jr. Prom (my date was - Luigi - my 1st true love)
**"I'll be loving you forever" new Kids on the Block

Wedding Song (S2BX was a drummer)
***"Always with you, Always with me" Joe Satriani

Life Song
***"I will survive"

trinityroyal

Let's see...

Gr. 11 Spring Formal: Crockodile Rock by Elton John. At the after-party my date (my friend Donny) and I danced to Elton John songs until the sun came up.

Grad Formal
: Forever Young by Alphaville (80's hair band extraordinaire). Date was Charlie "Arm Candy"

husband and I never actually had a wedding.
Our song is: Things We Said Today by The Beatles

Life Song: Oh, that's a hard one. If I had to pick, I'd say This is the Day by The The.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Neat thread!

Jr. Prom....no real signature song but I always think of that boyfriend when I hear Hair of The Dog by Nazerath. (or 80's dance music since he used to DJ at the Teen Center)

Sr. Prom - Lady In Red by Chris Deburgh (??) I actually wore a white dress but my date had a white tux with red tie/cumberbund and looked HAWT!!!! (Brown hair, blue blue blue eyes, tan...yum!.....er.....sorry...where was I? )

Wedding song - Love Walked In by Thunder

Life song - Hmmmmm.......sometimes I think it's Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back by Meatloaf but then other times it's Duck And Run by 3 Doors Down.

My Sr. Prom song could very well be my Life Song:

Living on a Prayer (Bon Jovi)

Matt & I got hitched in Reno, so we had no wedding. But "our" song was "For Crying Out Loud" (Meat Loaf)

Oh my! Jr/Sr. Prom - Colour My World by Chicago (I think) my date was Chuck - 2 years steady!

Wedding song - my hubby and I met in college - our song was Mandy by Barry Manilow and many others.

DammitJanet

I am a song person so I have a song for every person and occasion.

My first real boyfriend at age 13 was Mandy. Then when we broke up it was She was only 16 by Dr Hook. (I twisted the words to say He was only 16)

Next boyfriend was Darryl and our song was Angel of the Airwaves because we talked on the CB radio alot because he lived the town over from me. He used to call me Angel...lol. Yes...gag me. I was 14 and he was 19, almost 20. He was my first.

Next boyfriend was John. I was 15 and he was 17. Our song was James Taylor's Youve got a Friend. It was playing the first time we ever made love. The other song he loved to play on the piano for me was 3 times a Lady. The boy never met an instrument he couldnt play and he could carry a tune so well.

Then my life went in the crapper so I cant remember much in the way of who I did what with for quite awhile. Obviously too many men and a few women. Too many assorted pharmaceuticals. Cindy's song was You and Me against the World.

My first husband didnt merit a song. We got married at the courthouse. I think I played Celebration when we got divorced.

Tony and I have three songs. Two where right from the start. Country Bumpkin and Lookin for Love in all the wrong places. They just fit us so perfectly. The last one has come to fit us more in the last 5 years or so and its Still the One.

My life song during my teen years was Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf but once I got into my early 20s it changed to Ive Never been to Me by Charlene. That song just says it all about my life in one simple song.

N

Nomad

Love this thread...
A zillion years...my hs sweetheart and I really liked "Time in a Bottle"
It was all the rage.
My mom and I really liked "I am woman..hear me roar" Not sure if that is the actual title
I am dismayed 'cause I can't recall if husband and I really had a favorite song...although we both like "You're Still The One..."
and stuff by the Beach Boys are always good tunes for both of us. Recently husband bought a 60s compilation from Target and I keep on taking it from him! Those were fun songs!

KTMom91

Didn't go to the prom...the guy I was dating was much older, and it would NOT have worked out well.

Hubby and I have "Amazed" by Lonestar as our song. We ran away to Reno (with the kids and our moms), and in all the confusion at the hotel, forgot the boom box and CD to take to the wedding. When we got back to the hotel, our song was playing...and we hadn't left the music on.

When I hear Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car", I think of Miss KT's useless father. "You still ain't got a job, and I work in the market as a check out girl..." which pretty much describes our entire marriage.

My life song would have to be "Rhiannon" by Stevie Nicks, followed by "Running on Empty" by Jackson Brown and "Running Against the Wind" by Bob Segar.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jr. Prom Song - Dust in the Wind - Kansas

Sr. High Prom - Stairway to Heaven - Led Zepplin

Wedding revised due to divorce- I F'ing hate you - Puddle of Mudd

Life Song - They're coming to take me away hah ha ho ho he he to the funny farm where men in their nice white coats...la la la la.

1st & Only slow dance with DF - I can't remember until I hear it. lol

Wedding Song(s) - While the guests were being seated, "Feel Your Love" (Neil Young), my choice; "I Get Lost in Your Eyes" (Debbie Gibson), wife's choice. For the lighting of the "unity candle", "Groovy Kind of Love" (Phil Collins). After the ceremony, while the guests were conversing and dispersing to the reception, "Colour My World" (Chicago) (which I saw made a previous appearance in this thread).

I have two other songs for wife, "Brown-Eyed Girl" (Van Morrison) and "Cinnamon Girl" (Neil Young). The reason for the first is obvious; the second, because it was always a favorite song, the title recalls her name, and because I can be happy the rest of my life with my cinnamon girl.

Prom - no idea

Life - "Rhythm of my Heart" (Rod Stewart) - just for the line of the refrain that goes, "Where the ocean meets the sky I'll be sailing."

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Great thread and all of you have great memories. What I figured out is I have no memory of any favorite songs. That is sad, but true. Went to Senior prom with my first boyfriend, then married him right after highschool, separated within a year and divorced within 3 more years. I guess I don't remember the songs because I try to forget him and that part of my life.

Anyway, my husband and I were married at the mayor's office with difficult child as our witness. No song there.

Life song - I have never really thought about having one. I like so many songs, too hard to pick just one.

babybear

Life Song - They're coming to take me away hah ha ho ho he he to the funny farm where men in their nice white coats...la la la la.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now I thought that was a SPECIAL song just for me and my friend J. We played it all the time when we were kids. If you played the B side it played backwards!!

We were doomed from the start!! ;)