Zucchini recipe

Fran

Former desparate mom
I thought this sounded really yummy. I got it from Sparkpeople.com. I'm impressed with their recipes.

Easy Zucchini Parmesan

Snacks Vegetarian Snack
Submitted by MATCM81

This quick and healthy snack tastes like a gormet side-dish, but just takes minutes to prepare! And as a bonus, it's an easy way to get the kids to eat their vegetables.

Recipe Added to SparkPeople.com (what's this)

Ingredients

Zucchini, 1 cup, sliced
Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1 tbsp
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Original Buttery Spray, 10 sprays
Non-stick cooking spray

Directions

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, then coat with some non-stick cooking spray. Place the zucchini slices out on the pan, then spritz with them with the butter spray. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and then pop it in the oven. Broil for a few minutes - until the cheese starts to brown. Enjoy it while it's warm!
Make a larger batch for a delicious and healthy side dish for any meal! Your family will love it!

Number of Servings: 1

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MATCM81.
Number of Servings: 1

LittleDudesMom

That doesn't sound bad. I'll try it especially since easy child loves zucchini. But I think I will sub the butter spray for butter flavored cooking spray. I use the spray for oven roasted potatoes - I just cube them with the skins, add some sea salt, red pepper flakes and cooking spray and bake on high heat.

Thanks Fran.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
This sounds like something easy child will love! I'll try it for her-I'm not a big zucchini fan-for that matter I'm not a big cooked veggie fan but I have to say this might even be something I like!

Thanks for sharing!