Jena

she now has almost 7mg in her system and she's flying high. was sweeping living room turned around she was ontop of dining room chair dancing.

need i say more?? :)

doctor says well if she doesn't sleep............. ahh that's where we are now call me. we'll add something else. ativan he was saying.

so my magic medication is unmagical to me now. it's a shame was really hoping it would assist with-sleep also. so we'll be off seroquel in a few days, than gotta add one more in. she can't be up all night next week that's when the tutors and hectic schedule really begins.

anyone add in or onto zyprexa to help with-sleep? its odd she is usually sedated by ap's. hmmmm

H

HaoZi

Mine was hyper on it, too. See if you can move her to a morning only dose. Ativan is better as a PRN than a long term medication. Mine is on clonidine at night (she's hyper on her Abilify, too, and only does morning doses).

Jena

i knew youd' write that lol. you and i only two kids soo far who are hyper on the stuff. it doesn't help morning only dose. we're just not flying along as i had hoped with the solids. she's doing well on the nutrition stuff she's drinking. weights up, she's got energy, yet she needs to get past that fear and start eating solids. still going to increase it switch it to am. like you said and split it up between meals. seroquel xr is a thought i have, maybe that would work to help with sleep and anxiety. i dont' see that zyprexa does anything for anxiety yet it just makes her starving she gets mad because she cant or wont'; eat solids and round and round we go

H

HaoZi

Wonder if there are any used specifically for phobia treatment. Zyprexa and Seroquel are atypical antipsychotics. Maybe a different medication class for anxiety with a low dose of Zyprexa in the morning to stimulate appetite?

Highest dose mine went to was 10mg, and the pains went from foot to legs and from sleeping at 10pm to being up til midnight.

smallworld

Sorry Zyprexa isn't helping with sleep.

Because Seroquel XR is a long-acting medication, it typically doesn't help with sleep the way regular Seroquel does. It's generally not as sedating. But it is supposed to help with anxiety the way regular Seroquel does.

Jena

i just increased her dosage tonight by 2.5 so let's see what happens on that. dr told me if you gotta go up go up. it just seems like shes' getting more frustrated than anything else becaues the medication does make her so very hungry. and she wont' eat so she really does lick everything in our home it's disgusting and not enough obviously to satisfy her.

smallworld

Jen, why don't you call the Oregon clinic and ask the docs out there how much Zyprexa they give and the timing of the dosing? It might give you something to go on.

DammitJanet

I would not go for Seroquel XR, that is not the answer you are looking for as far as a sleep medication.

I am going to agree with SW as far as the increasing zyprexa to at least the 7 mgs in the am. For sleep, has anyone actually suggested...gasp...a sleep medication? Either ambien or lunesta? Maybe restoril which is actually temazepam. Any of those should put her out. I would suggest trazadone but with her history Im afraid it would actually activate her like it did me. It sedated me for a short time but I was taking it with ambien then we discovered that even the ambien couldnt hold me through the activation.

Jena

hi

that's funny Janet I thought the same thing and asked for just that today on phone with-him. you wanna laugh you know what he said ummm i dont' wanna give her ambien she's kinda young for that !!! LOL sorry she's been on ap's, ssri's benzo's you name it mostly all stating do not give to kids under a certain age yet he's like no way to ambien! hmmmm.............

yea zyprexa had to be dropped at night all together, just in am. and isn't doing anything anyway but driving her batty with-hunger and isn't making her eat. tonight i did warm bath, seroquel, warm milk, reading book in bed usual calming stuff. we'll c. i wanna loose the seroquel her stomach's swollen. had to go buy her clothes for tmrw because leg's are big, arms etc. yet due to swollen stomach pants do not fit.