2 Ribbons at the County Fair!!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by susiestar, Aug 31, 2007.

1. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Yep. I got 2 ribbons at the County Fair for my cross stitching. I got a 5th place for my Gaelic Lord's Prayer (my own design as well as my own stitching!!!). In a different category I got 4th place for a little pattern of a fat black dog and a Christmas Tree (pattern by Mosey N Me - aka Frank from Trading Spaces and his wife).

I am excited and proud! Having seen some of the other entries when I took mine in I did not expect to get any ribbons. My entries were good, but the ones who got higher places were either splashier or in one case, incredibly detailed.

I am happy with what I got. And the local Celtic Society wants me to print out my Gaelic Lord's Prayer for their upcoming festival!!!!

Susie

2. Kjs

Kjs Guest

:bravo: :thumbsup:

Good Job! Hey..I have a fat black dog!

3. nvts

nvts Active Member

Congratulations!

I have to confess: I have a needlepoint that I have been on and off working on for...15 years!

Its a printed background of an indian princess with mountains in the background and a horse and a sunsetting color sky.

It doesn't tell you whether you're supposed to needlepoint ALL of it or just the characters in it and leave the background muted and just a print or what!!!!

Any hints from a professional?

Beth

PS: If I wanted to try and needlepoint shamrocks on the corners of a tablecloth, and possibly the borders, how thick should the thread be?

me

4. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Wow how cool is that!

I love county fairs and the way they do all that stuff. When Jamie and Cory were little, they got ribbons for showing goats...lol.

5. AllStressedOut

AllStressedOut New Member

Very cool! Congrats! That is so exciting!

6. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Susie, that is just fantastic.

I was a cross stitch and needlepoint buff for a long time. My fingers just don't go the way I want them to anymore. I do love looking at them though. Good for you! Congratulations!!

7. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

8. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Beth, I PM'ed you. Do you have a shamrock pattern (or need one? I have several (dozen))

Susie

9. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Could WE see the Gaelic Lords prayer? My son and I do Celtic knot artwork.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! WAY TO SEW~ errr Go!