23 Hour EEG any suggestions

Dara

Hi all. It has been a while. We have been crazy here. Found out we had a slow carbon monoxide leak in our house over a 2 year period. Obviously it was contained to a crawl space because we are all alive and well!
Anyways, Sammy will be having a23 hour EEG on monday in the hospital. I know this is going to be a very tough 23 hours. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on what I should bring for him and try and make it a little easier.
Not to mention that I am back on his hate mommy list again. It has been pretty miserable over here again so Monday should be good times!
I am taking the first shift and when husband gets off of work he will stay and I will go home to sleep. Then I will come early in the morning and let husband go home and try to get some sleep....
If any of you have been through this and have any pointers at all, I am listening!

tammyjh

23 hours huh? Thats a nice chunk of time isn't it?

My oldest had to have 3 day EEG's but she was much younger than your little one. She was under a year so it was a bit easier to keep her entertained. I used to take her books and her music and a few toys. She was easily entertained by looking at her books. I'm sad to say that while I remember a little of it, most of that time is quite a blur to me but I don't remember her throwing fits or anything during the EEG....just when it was time for hook up and when it was time to take all the electrodes off.

I would take him some of his favorite snacks and toys. Will they have a tv with a possible dvd hook up? If so, you might take his favorite movies or rent him some new ones to watch. The hospital or place where he's having it done may have some if they do EEG's on little ones very often.

Wishing you lots and lots of luck. Maybe he'll have a calmer day for you all.