3 Days Until My ESCAPE!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Sep 30, 2008.

1. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

husband and I are going to Vegas for our anniversary this weekend (19 years on the 7th). I got a promo offer for two free room nights and two free tickets to a show (Santana) that weekend so I jumped all over it! :D

My mom will stay with the kids and get them to their soccer games on Saturday. She is the ONLY person in both our families who consistently comes through for us with help like this. Don't know if my marriage would have survived this long without her!

I am SO ready for a break. difficult child 2 is still a handful as his afternoon medications just aren't holding him well enough. psychiatrist wants me to try a low dose of the Daytrana patch again before he increases the Seroquel XR (600mg bedtime/300mg lunchtime). I'm letting difficult child 2 try 10mg today to appease the psychiatrist. I already know what's going to happen -- he'll come home looking like he's had too much caffeine: jittery and tense. It just does not have the same effect on him like it used to. His brain has changed.
  2. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Glad you get an escape soon. Moms (ours) can be great, can't they?

Isn't it a shame that sometimes we have to give in and appease the psychiatrists when we know our kid's brain has changed? I hope his afternoon isn't too wired.

3. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Enjoy, Enjoy! I'm so glad you are getting away:) I'm glad your mom can give you the break!
  4. Andy

Andy Active Member

Have a super terrific time!

I hope you can find the right medication for difficult child soon.
  5. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

TAKE ME WITH YOU......................you'll hardly notice me, I will carry both of your bags!!
  6. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Gee...I leave Vegas and now you come!! I hope you have a GREAT time!!