31 Weeks Pregnant - Getting There!

nvts

Hi! I know I haven't given an update lately, but things have been crazy around here (we had 25 people for Thanksgiving) and I didn't want to drive you all nuts with being too frequent.

I'm beat. I just want to go to sleep 99% of the time, but when I lay down, I get kicked in the slats or "the bladder trampoline dance" begins.

All the kids are trying to be "accommodating" but that doesn't stop the 10,000 phone calls that come in. I'm convinced that there are two neon signs on my roof: One that says "she's taking a nap" and another that says "she's in the bathroom" (which is about every 14.9 minutes - mind you with no results!).

Harriette Hormone is my new name - I'm a witch on wheels one second and then crying over Christmas commercials the next.

My "a-hole" sister decided the day before Thanksgiving that she, her husband, 4 kids, and mother in law as well as my other sister, her husband, their 2 grown kids and brother in law were all going to go for appetizers at psycho sisters house before coming to Dad's for dinner. I had purchased enough stuff for all of these idiots to come and eat all day. I got totally p.o.'d. I cut down on the number of things so as not to have them go to waste, and all of them showed up and ate the appy's that I made for the people that didn't go to the psycho's house.

My only physical problems is that my legs have really gone nuts with the swelling. They look like tree trunks, you can't identify ankle bones and they weigh a lot!!!

So, 9 more "official" weeks left to go, but I'm thinking sooner. Way sooner.

Now I'm off to the ATM to get money out to give the demons to go to their holiday fair tomorrow.

Talk to you all in a little while!

Beth

Last edited:

klmno

You're on the home stratech!! YIPEE! I am soooo excited for you! I know, it's uncomfortable but shoot, you're hanging in there ok and you know the routine- do you have things ready yet? Is everyone excited about baby arrival? My guess is that you are right- baby will come sooner than expected!!

Jena

Beth,

You are so funny, I miss seeing you in here!! :) I hope that the large neon sign ontop of your house gets taken down soon! LOL

You are getting there!!! :)

smallworld

Beth, my legs swelled tremendously during all of my pregnancies. My OB prescribed Jobst support hose that are made to order. They were ugly as sin, but really did the trick in helping me walk around comfortably and keep down the swelling. You might want to ask your doctor about them.

crazymama30

You don't need a scrip to get the jobst stockings, but they do have to measure you. If you have a scrip then insurance might pay for them, as they are about $60 or so a pair. They would certainly help.

susiestar

Roll With It
Do call the OB about the hose - he may have a certain strenght he recommends. At the very least the sheer energy type hose can be a big help. It was when I was preggo with Jess and on my feet all day.

I hope your legs feel better soon. Keep those legs UP as much as you can.

I am sorry your psycho sibling was a PITA on Thanksgiving. I bet you are nicer preggo than I was. I am sure you didn't tell them off for leaving you after you arranged all the food adn did all the shopping. I bet you are no where near Wicked Witch Status.

I hope the enxt few weeks go by easily, and that the baby doesn't surprise you and come too early. So, have you done a room for hte baby in any certain theme or colors?

Oh, thanks for reminding me about the holiday fair - I have to check the mesage board where I wrote that down. Mr thank you has decided to not give me any info on this stuff. But I volunteered to work, so I better check!

Hugs to you and the baby!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, EIGHT weeks out would put the little peanut at MY BIRTHDAY!!! So that's my vote (not that we can really vote on this kind of thing...)!

Man, that last month is ALWAYS the hardest. I hope it goes by quickly for you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
So she's 31 weeks huh?

Are you ready for your cwazy Auntie Star? Her's so pritty....yesh she is...coochie coochie....mmmmnnnnnom nom nom.. Her Auntie Sta wuvs her - yesh she does!

HURRY UP AND GET HERE ALREDY - must. have. pictures.

Sorry about the crazy turkey day - but then it IS appropriately named = TURKEY DAY.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
It is time for you to sit with your legs up and be pampered young lady. ok I know with the houseful I am dreaming on your behalf but try and take extra time to just sit.

hugs
beth

TerryJ2

Aw, Beth! 25 people! I hope they did the dishes for you!

I wish I'd known about those support stockings when I was pregnant. I know how you feel. I was literally in tears the last 2 wks of my pregnancy with-easy child. The skin was so tight around my ankles, it was shiny.

You're almost there!

Which names have you picked out? Sorry, I'm trying to remember.

'Chelle

I'm going for before the end of January - not too early but just early enough to miss the last week or two which seemed the most uncomfortable to me. Try get your feet up (yeah not easy to do especially this time of year). And our phone has a little switch on the side that shuts off the ringer, maybe your phone has one too. Makes it easier to get some rest if you can't hear the phone.

nvts

I think I've got a comedian "in-utero!"

When we're at the high risk OB, the "bits" are always covered (sitting indian style) and they're DYING to what I'm having.

When we're at the regular OB (the delivering doctor who's delivered all of my kids and whose chops I break regularly!) the baby turns just as he's putting the wand on my stomach to hear/see the heartbeat.

I was there today and he turned around looking really p.o.'d and said "why does this kid INSIST on giving me a coronary every-time-you're-here?" I cracked up!

Then he asked me how I was feeling, I told him about the swelling and that I was having trouble sleeping. He said, "well, you're pretty far into the pregnancy, so there's not much more time that you're going to have to deal with that!"

I told him that I was starting to feel a little better now that I'm taking the sleeping pills with vodka instead of water and he spun around looking totally horrified and my sister and I were ROLLING on the floor laughing our butts off.

I'm banished for 2 weeks! :doctor::rofl::rofl:

Beth