4 is too many

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I wonder if they have contacted their neighbors? Maybe they are on a trip and someone is supposed to come over to take care of the little fella, pick up mail, etc.

Do you have a neighborhood handbook with access to people's phone numbers? I think I'd start calling around to see if anyone knows how to reach these people.

If no one knows, this is kind of creepy...I hope that everything is okay INSIDE the house.

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
The thought went through my head Suz.
The mass e mail went out so all the neighbors should have gotten the notice.
If I don't hear from them by Thursday morning, I'll call animal protection and maybe the police.

busywend

Oh boy. I hope there is nothing wrong at the house. If they are out of town, maybe they hired a dog sitter that let the dog out by mistake, but did not care enough to go looking?
Wonder if the pound can scan for the chip - that at least won't cost you anything.

mstang67chic

Going Green
If you still want to get Chester Jr. scanned, call the vet again. I took Chester to mine and didn't need an appointment. The girl behind the counter did it with a little hand held device and told me to just stop by. How's the little bugger doing?

Fran

Former desparate mom
No chip. I have my pups all micro chipped.
I turned the little guy over to Animal rescue. I can check on the status on line.
The son in law finally called me to find out where the dog was. No explanation or excuses. If the owners didn't claim him, I would have picked him up and brought him home.
Wait until the owner finds out he has to prove rabies vaccination. I'm not sure if there is a citation for letting your dog run loose.
I had the little guy almost 48 hrs but I didn't feel this guy was horribly happy to find the dog or appreciative of my making sure he was fed and safe.

****FYI, today the law changed. No one can leave a dog tethered outside for more than 3 hrs in 24hrs. The tether must be at least 10ft long. Not sure what the law is in other states but I guess this gives animal control officers a way to enforce that dogs are not left out to the elements for too long each day. ****

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
How sad. I hope his actual owners are happy to have him back. :-( Poor guy.

I had 2 doggies get lost over the years, and I was overjoyed to find them.