A bit of success...

Mickey2255

Yesterday I was furious with school and today I'm almost a little bit happy.

The short version: My 10 year old has a BIP that says he cannot play competitive sports at recess. Yesterday they allowed him to play football and after getting called a "ball hog" one too many times, he popped the kid. He spent the entire afternoon in the office and we were told he would be on "restricted" recess for the near future.

I fired off an email letting them know it was THEIR fault the BIP wasn't followed and while he was wrong to hit someone, they allowed it to happen by not following the BIP. He's done great at recess every day so far this year - it was only when they allowed the one thing that isn't allowed that there was a problem. I suggested they reconsider their actions.

AND THEY DID!!!!!

Now I just have to remind them that the half day he spent in the office counts towards his 10 days of suspension and he's now at TWO. Anyone want to bet we don't hit 10 this year???

Michelle

Sheila

I won't bet against you. lol

Sd's do not like to see sd IEP violations in writing. Ahhhh, the power of the pen (or email). :smile:

I've seen it happen more than once when a school district just couldn't say we misstepped, we'll make it right. Good for your sd!

Martie

We need success stories here!

Good for you for being informed and good for your SD for making the right choice!

I also won't take your bet on getting past 10---they will carefully consider how to use the remaining 8.

Martie