a day to me

Jena

husband last night convinced me to take today for me. it's amazing how i had a huge problem with-that. i always have a problem taking care of me, buying clothes for me, etc.

he said it's way overdue, get in the truck and go ride a horse. it is something that i love in a way in which i cant' even verbalize. it just takes all my troubles away, i dunno how but it does.

so he said here take extra money this week spend day for you, with yourself doing what you want literally all day long. good guy he is :)

so, i did it took alot of work not to text my ex h to see how difficult child was doing, or text easy child to keep up on her. yet i let go for two hours. went to stable i used to go to all the time and when easy child was little she used to ride alot in competitions etc. saw few ppl hadnt' in a while. and i got to jump up on a very nasty horse by the way lol, and just take off.

it was amazing, just what i needed that and the hour ride home with-the windows open and stereo blasting.

than i came home to all the reality again lol. i have to do that more take care of me. i give everyone else great speeches yet dont' listen to my own words.

Andy

Good for you! It is so good to have days to ourselves from time to time. difficult child is going to our other property more often now with husband leaving me with entire days of freedom! I can't wait until next Saturday! Garage sales! Cleaning! Shopping! Whatever I decide! Just looking forward to the day is uplifting!

Mattsmom277

I used to have a hard time doing this myself. Until I realized the world still spun on its axis if I jumped off my normal routine, and when I realized how much more I enjoyed the every day things caring for everyone else after I had some time for me. I sense you allowing yourself that time today gave you a taste of it lol. You sound energized and rejuvenated. That's wonderful! Sounds like a terrific break and I love that your husband pushed you to do it for yourself, some spouses don't understand the importance and your husband obviously does (not to mention loves you enough to want you to do this for yourself).

Make it a regular thing! Go riding, pick up interests and hobbies you enjoyed before life started revolving around everything and everyone else. You are not only entitled, you earn it. Enjoy :)

Jena

Andy that's cool. and good 4 u. yea this wasnt' a planned thing which made it even better. i miss flying by the seat of my pants that jump up go thing, not planned stuff.

Mattsmom - hi. you are soo right. i truly have to just let go at times and realize my world won't fall apart if i'm out of it for a few. husband yes hes' really grown as a person, as my partner the past 4 years. it was sweet he was actually excited for me to go do that yesterday. he's very accommodating husband i've come to notice. he isnt' around much which makes it hard, his work schedule is horrible. but when he is it's what can i do for you sorta thing, what do you want. he's grown into being my best friend. he knows me best.