A difficult child funny

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by slsh, Oct 4, 2010.

1. slsh

slsh member since 1999

So, thank you's moved back down to our village (NOT home). I'm not crazy about it for many reasons, but he's a big boy and is free to do as he chooses. I just wish it weren't so close to home.

Anyway, he bops into our home yesterday morning. No call, no knock, nada. husband and I had already decided we needed to have a chat with- our boy about boundaries and such, so that seemed like the perfect moment. thank you's in a "mood" and oozes himself onto our couch, and we see them. Three new piercings, 2 lower lip, 1 eyebrow. My stomach clenched. husband starts to question him about them and I cut him off - not our face, not our problem.

So.... thank you's not participating much in the conversation, kind of the old sullen thank you we lived with- for so long. Silent, pouty (though that could be due to the 2 new holes in his lower lip). Finally the light bulb goes off for me.

Me: thank you, did you pierce your tongue?
    thank you: No, Mom. I didn't pierce anything STUUUUUPID.

Dead silence in the room. husband and I just look at each other, daring the other one to laugh first.

thank you: (in a very quiet and sheepish tone) Well, besides these...

Sigh.... does that count as being self-aware? :hammer:
  2. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Things that make you say Hmmmm......
  3. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Uh....really? Are ya SURE about that???
  4. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Geez, Sue, it wasn't anything STUUUUPID. :cheer_up: You have to give thank you credit for that! :hammer:That maternal tear of pride you're wiping from you eye is enough.
  5. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Besides THAT, what have the Romans done for us? (with-thanks to Monte Python.)