a little anxious

crazymama30

So the kids have been at their dad's all weekend. He is doing well, I still have no contact with him but I listen to how the kids, especially easy child talk to him and can pretty much tell by that. He has his own place, is doing fencing work, with the help of some (sober) friends.

I have to leave soon to go pick them up, I am hoping that the transition will go well, but expect especially difficult child to have some issues with it especially since it is Easter and I am sure they ate a boat load of candy.

Not sure why, but picking them up has me a little wound up. I was fine dropping them off, but why picking them up:???

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Because picking them up you have the possibility of having to wait around while they gather up their things and get to the car?? A longer process than dropping them off. Which leaves more time for possible difficult child behavior to rear it's head.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Picking mine up from exh's was always more stressful for me too. As Lisa said, there is that idle time spent gathering up their stuff (because stbexh won't have it ready for you), difficult child may be over the top crazy from the holiday weekend and sugar, and there is possible an uneasiness in the air, this is still relatively new. Hugs, it will get easier in time.

crazymama30

Well, everything went very well. I called before I left to make sure the kids had their stuff together, and they did. sounds like they had a really good time, and I am glad. They are settling back into home super easy, so that alone tells me alot. Even difficult child. I am still anxious, but I think it might be more like what insane said. Just a picking up of the responsibility load again.

As for s2bx? Let him try anything. I had him thrown in jail for violating the restraining order before, and I will do it again.

buddy

I'm so glad it went ok. I can't imagine what that feels like, not like when I have Q with others... I am still in charge...I think I would feel kind of vulnerable and concerned at the least. Especially with all you have dealt with in his case it goes far beyond that....
Hope the week continues to be good too!

crazymama30

I am still really shaky, I think some of it is relief that everything went well, I am relaxing now that it is over and everything is fine.

Guess it got to me more than I thought.

buddy

Hope you can relax a little today (ok, for us...relax is a relative term)....will be thinking of you.