A little easy child Brag

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Jody, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jody

Jody Active Member

My 20 year old easy child. Applied for a chance to study at Oxford College in London. She had to fill out an application and hand in some kind of written essay. I don't know what she wrote about. But yesterday they called her and she was one of 20 students chosen in the United States. It's an all expense paid plus 1000.00 stipend for spending money trip. She told me she was going to apply, but that she would probably never hear from them. I am so excited for her!!!! And proud.
  2. Californiablonde

Californiablonde Well-Known Member

Wow that is awesome! Congrats to both you and her.
  3. HaoZi

HaoZi CD Hall of Fame

Congrats to her!
  4. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

As in... Oxford Scholar? The one-year megga go-learn-your-brain-out experience?!
  5. Malika

Malika Well-Known Member

Lol, IC. Oxford College in London is not Oxford University :)
    It is a fantastic achievement for your daughter, and what an experience. You and she must be over the moon.
  6. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Shows you how much time I've spent in the UK... :kickme:
  7. buddy

buddy New Member

Wonderful! I did my student teaching in England, I still dream about it over 25 years later. I'm so exited for her!

Good job mama!
  8. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

Major CONGRATS ro easy child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oh thank you so much everyone. I am so happy and so proud of her. I am trying not to let my mind drift over to difficult child and what she may or may not ge to experience. That is a mood buster for sure.
  10. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

Congrats to your easy child!!! You should be so proud.
  11. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Oh! You must be so PROUD!! Huge congrats to easy child!!! :)
  12. Liahona

Liahona Guest

Way to go easy child!
  13. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

OMG! You *should* be proud!!!!!!

Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyy for easy child!!!! :choir:
  14. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Awesome! Congrats to easy child and you!
  15. FlowerGarden

FlowerGarden Active Member

Congrats to your easy child for such a wonderful achievement! You will have to keep us updated on her experiences there.
  16. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Wowowowowowow!!! I am so thrilled for her!

I have seen pictures of her on fb and lemme tell ya... beauty AND brains!
  17. Jody

Jody Active Member

Thanks Step, she is just the sweetest kid too. Not a kid so much anymore, but always mine. You just wait Meggie will get there. She's adorable.

Everyone thank you, I am just so excited. I am so glad that I have this to share with you. Last year she went to Israel, and I was so nervous and she was fine. She won't be gone as long, and it isn't quite as scary, but I am sure I'll be a nervous wreck. This time she has to take a lot of pictures.
  18. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I am totally thrilled for you. It is such a blessing to have a easy child.......especially when God has challenged us with difficult child's.
    A smile is on my face as I absolutely know that you are proud to the core. Hugs. DDD
  19. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Wow congratulations to easy child. That is a wonderful achievement.
  20. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

Congratulations to easy child and you. That will be a wonderful experience for her.