Aaargh! He doesn't have the oomph to stay in school with-a cold

TerryJ2

I hate this. He's already missed 4 days of school. I told him he could call me today and let me know how he is feeling around lunchtime. He took that to mean he should call and have me pick him up. NOT.
The nurse said she thinks he should go back to class.
I think he should go back to class.
He refuses to take Motrin for his sinus headache.
He is his own worst enemy.
Sorry, I just had to vent.

The good news is that there is an opening with-the therapist this afternoon at 4:30. We will be there.

TerryJ2

Just picked him up. He's mad as a hatter.
Double-mad, because the therapist got a cancellation and I took it. We'll be out the door in 5 min.
He insists he's not going.
So much fun.

LittleDudesMom

Terry,

Hope you BOTH made it to the therapist. My difficult child also makes a "mountain out of a mole hill" when he's not feeling well......

Sharon

How did it go at the therapist?

My younger difficult child called home incessantly last year with somatic complaints. Once i got so frustrated I took him to ER for a complete check. The ER docs were condescending but I didn't care at that point.

Anything behind your difficult child's complaints -- anxiety, tough class, etc? The realization that school is here and it's not going away? I'm sure you already know to ask these questions. Our home-based therapist always asks "What is he looking for?" when I tell her about one of the boys' latest escapades, tantrums or other weird behaviors. I really like that question (even though I never seem to be able to answer it, LOL)

Good luck

Jo

TerryJ2

He does have a lot of anxiety and the therapist was concerned about it. He said he's willing to grant kids leeway if they balk at an appointment or two. :) difficult child refused to go.
The therapist said to mention the anxiety to the psychiatric at our next appointment... which is today.

Meanwhile, I just got a call from the principle. difficult child was just kicked out for missing too many days. He was on academic probation.
So, it's all over.
I started another thread.