ADHD Patch...does it have to be on the hip/fanny??

DDD

GFGmom has her 5 yr old difficult child on the patch this week, and difficult child is
yanking it off her hip or fanny at daycare. The medication seems to work really well when it's on.

Any of you guys know if it can go in a location that is harder
to reach and less obviously felt? I was thinking that maybe since she "feels" the patch every time she sits that it triggers
her interest. If it were between her shoulder blades, for example, she wouldn't be as aware of it.

on the other hand.....maybe there is a big reason why it goes on the fattiest
portion of the body???????? Anybody know? DDD

TerryJ2

It's a pretty big patch and there aren't a lot of other places to put it. Plus, if there's an allergic reaction, you don't want it near the throat. Just a cpl thoughts. I was all set to get it this wk for my difficult child and at the last second, he balked.

Got2Sleep

I know a boy at the school where I works wears his right between his shouldre blades...a little lower. That place in your back where you cant reach that itch....

Hope you figure it out.

~S

smallworld

Our neurologist told us to put Daytrana on difficult child 1's back right between his shoulder blades. The problem was that it was itchy, and as a teenager, he was still able to reach back and pull it off. But it's worth a try for GFGmom's difficult child.