Allergies?

flutterby

Fly away!
I should probably know this, but...

I've never had allergies so I don't know what it feels like. Tonight, though, I have an itch in the back of my throat and my ears are itching. My eyes are itchy, too, but that's normal for me. I use natural tears for that. However, I want to stick pipe cleaners in my ears. The itch is driving me crazy.

Could this be allergies? I hesitate to take benadryl because it knocks me out and I have an appointment in the morning. Anything else I could do other than medications?

tiredmommy

It could very well be allergies, pollens are high here so I'm sure they must be high throughout Ohio as well. Try to use some nasal saline to help alleviate any congestion in your sinuses that may be also affecting your ears. Also try to sleep with your head elevated. Try gargling with salt water to relieve your throat. You may also want to try an eye wash if your eyes keep bothering you.

flutterby

Fly away!
Thanks. The salt water gargle helped a lot. My ears are still itchy, but I can deal with that. Getting rid of one makes the other more tolerable.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Take a shower and make sure to scrub your hair, most especially before going to bed.

Got that tip off a doctor yesrs ago and found that it does help. The pollen sticks to your hair...you lay on the pillow...as you sleep pollen gets pushed into your face via the hair making allergy reaction more possible.

Doesn't stop it altogether, but it does help.