An almost relaxed tweedle Christmas visit....

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by timer lady, Dec 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

The tweedles haven't seen each other at Christmas time since Dec. of 2008 when husband was in the hospital.

Nerves were on edge, PRN medications were given & staff was on hand this afternoon when we gathered at foster mum's house to exchange Christmas gifts.

wm was a tad excited but not over the top. kt was on edge however her Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker was glued to her side. I insisted that we sit & talk for a few minutes pleasantly before gifts were exchanged; I also insisted that foster mum & dad open their gift from me first. Respect.

kt & wm opened their gifts immediately after that. They were both appropriate in their response & appreciation for the thought put into their gifts. No competition over who's gift was better & who paid more. This is huge for the tweedles. I haven't given kt her gift yet & wm wanted to know what she was getting ~ "what if she gets more?".

wm ordered some gorgeous beads & made a beautiful necklace & bracelet for me. This young man has an incredible artistic talent.

So I took that ativan for naught. Didn't need to be so on edge ~ we kept the visit short & sweet. Less than an hour (that always helps). Staff were on their toes & intervened & removed kt &/or wm when necessary to regroup.

Thank goodness this doesn't happen often. I sincerely thank God that the visit went so calmly - with so little competition.

2. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Glad to hear it went so well for everyone involved. :bravo:

3. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Glad it went well. It is nice to have a few good memories.

4. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

How wonderful!!! Glad things went so well. Here's hoping that visits like that occur more often in the coming year.

5. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

That sounds like a great Christmas the kids gave the family. :angel:

6. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Glad things went well, Linda.

7. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Linda, good to hear that the visit went without issue.

They have that memory to hold.

Sharon

8. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading this made my day!! So glad the visit went so well!!

9. Bunny

Bunny Guest

I'm glad to hear that it went well.

Pam

10. Frazzledmom

Frazzledmom Guest

That's a nice Christmas present for you for sure.

11. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

The visit sounds like a wonderful Christmas present for you all. I'm happy that you all could enjoy each other's company minus the drama. Hugs. DDD

12. barneysmom

barneysmom Member

Enjoyed reading about your visit. Love hearing about wm's artistry. Just like you!

Jo

13. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

:beautifulthing:

Merry Christmas, TL!

14. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Thanks ladies ~ this visit was indeed a gift to me.

15. hexemaus2

hexemaus2 Old hand

How wonderful, Linda! I'm so glad you guys got to have a calm, enjoyable holiday together.