An Ugly Vent...B4..I Explode or Implode!

busywend

D3, did you know that the deduction goes to whomever files first? The IRS will give it to the first one to file. Tells the 2nd one to go fight it out with the other party themselves.

DDD

Yes, I unfortunately do know about that IRS rule. Don't ask!

Hmmmmm...I think a pool would be a great idea. Anybody want to
step up to the plate with the first guess??

Gee, should we have a separate one for the Rental Furniture Center who brought little difficult child her "beautiful new bedroom"??

Good Grief! DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
OOOOooooo obviously she's beyond help. Or charities.

So if she bought a new car, and a bedroom set for her daughter - I would say she'd be moving soon with no forwarding address?

oh, and I'll take Feb. 28th on the poole.

svengandhi

My mother in law goes through this with my sister in law, who thankfully does not have children, but is 54 and has never been gainfully employed. mother in law is 83.

I finally got mother in law to at least stop giving her cash for the bills. Now sister in law is required to give mother in law the actual bill that is overdue or the notice or whatever and mother in law pays it directly. She also does not give her anything extra that month if she has to front her a bill.

It took me 10 years to get mother in law to this point. One day, I just sat her down and compared her Medicare and crappy other insurance to the plan I had at work and the top notch plan she was paying for for her D (who was MARRIED at the time! but didn't like her then H's insurance!). She finally downgraded her insurance and as of this time, doesn't pay for it at all anymore - though now, you and I do because this girl now gets public assistance! But at least my mother in law doesn't have to worry about eating dog food for dinner.

Maybe you should just pay the bill directly if you wish to. I feel badly for the little girl about the medications, but I wonder why it was too close to the insurance time again - is the medication something difficult child daughter could resell for a profit?

DDD

No, GFGmom really wouldn't resell for a profit and she does work
a job with the State (has almost ten years in). She doesn't do
drugs. I think she does drink some beer or wine but no drinking
habit.

She just has NO executive functioning skills so each month is like a lightbulb month. OH...mortgage payment. OH...water bill.
OH...tuition. OH...all the clothes are dirty..nothing to wear.
I "think" the Pediatrician told her on the phone that she could double the medicine use for her daughter and she did. Then she
used up the Rx before her insurance company would refill.

I'm going to guess May. She'll get an IRS refund to tide her a
few months. DDD

svengandhi

Maybe you could sit her down and put her bills on automatic pay through her bank account if she gets direct deposit?

Glad to hear though that she isn't using drugs and that she is steadily employed.

Coookie

Awww DDD,

I would have probably done the same thing. :frown: and felt the same way you do. :frown: With me it is always that little glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, this will be the time that the lightbulb stays on. :frown: Wish there was a pill we could take for it. :frown:

No words of wisdom or helpful hints from this corner, just understanding hugs and hopes that ... maybe... this time something will click.

Without hope we have nothing. :frown:

Hugs

DDD

Sadly, I think she is "beginning to get it" She has called in for
"stress leave" from work....then....was shocked to find out that
she doesn't get paid for the time off. She is now begging her
siblings to help her out so she doesn't lose her car and
her access to work. She is having panic attacks. She did go to
an MD who put her on Lexapro but she is waking up during the night in a panic state.

I assume she is going to rip me off with IRS because "she has to
do what she has to do to support her daughter". There is no
long term logic involved. She has three times been set up to have
her payments deducted from her account with her pay direct deposited...........she so consistently withdrew funds for her
pocket needs that all three banks closed her account.

It really is sad. DDD