Another school issue. Ugh..

Californiablonde

So every year I get a week off for President's week. easy child and difficult child do not. They get off two Mondays in a row. So usually I put them in daycare for one of the days since I have to work. Then on the second Monday we all spend it at home. Then I have four glorious days all to myself while the kids are at school. President's week is my favorite holiday for this reason. Our Christmas break and Easter breaks are always the same so I always spend my vacations with both difficult children. I seriously look forward to my one week in February for months so I can finally have some alone time. Well this year I find out that easy child has the whole week off too. Same as mine. He gets Monday and Tuesday off for President's day and then the next three days are furlough days. Can you believe they have three **** furlough days in a row! Ugh. In the month of November they had two. This month it's three. So not only does that ruin my vacation plans, but the worst part of it is difficult child has school the entire week except Monday. Do you know how hard it's gonna be to get her to school for four days when she finds out easy child and I are gonna be home? Ugh! I can already sense a fantom illness coming on now. I am so NOT looking forward to that week of the 18th. There goes my vacation and there goes my sanity. I don't know how I am going to convince difficult child to go to school.

Bunny

Ugh!! I can see that this is going to be a difficult week for you. Our kids usually have that week off, too, but they took all of the days back except for President's Day because of all of the days we lost due to Hurricane Sandy this past fall. I wish I had some magic way to get her to school. I would alert their dad to this upcoming problem and let him know that if she refuses to go to schoo you will be calling him for his assistance.

Californiablonde

Last time I called dad for assistance difficult child cussed at him and hung up on him. So he isn't any help either. difficult child is going to flip out when she hears the news.

Californiablonde

I wish it was reversed and easy child was the one who had school. He loves school and hates to miss. Of course my life would have to be more complicated and have it be difficult child. I don't know how I'm going to tell her. Sigh.