Anybody have...

busywend

the H20 Mop?

It is a mop that uses steam to clean your floor. Yes, I am watching the infomercial!

:hypnosis:

DammitJanet

wow Busy...that sounds incredible!!!

I am always looking for a good mop because I have such a hard time with mopping and vacuuming the floors. The boys (ok...Billy and Tony) do such a bad job of it that I might as well not even try.

Do tell if you get it and how.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
No, never even heard of that mop - am going to go look it up on Google though

Almost all of my house are veneer floors - I can't tell you how many mops I have personally tested. But last week when we went to the county fair, I bought a PVA mop, one I DIDN"T have in my collection. And I absolutely love it. Its got really deep grooves to catch up dirt, which all comes out with just a dip in the bucket.

I don't have to deal with many spills, but the dogs do track in dirt not to mention dog hair and they can't drink water neatly - its always dribbled a few feet from the bowl. For that, this mop to me is the greatest invention since sliced bread LOL

My kitchen floor and bathroom floors though, I am with GG, its hands and knee time. Lucky they are really small rooms. I just don't feel like they get clean enough with a mop.

Marcie

busywend

I feel the same way with a normal mop. But, I feel like this steam cleaning would be the cleanest way to mop. Hot steam - everything sanitized. You could even do the tile walls in the bathroom. No more soap scum!

But, it is entirely possible it does not work the way the infomercial claims.

susiestar

Roll With It
I haven't seen that, but I will look for it. I have been thinking about getting one of those steam cleaners for counters, etc...

Susie

Kathy813

Staff member
I used a steam mop back several years ago when I had vinyl floors. It did a good job but had a small water reservoir so it was a pain because I constantly had to stop and refill. They may have improved it since then.

I also used it for regular cleaning. You still have to wipe up behind using the steam and I really didn't think it did a better job than regular cleaning products. Of course, it would be chemical free cleaning which would be a plus for some.

The best use I found for it was removing wallpaper.

I have ceramic tile floors in my kitchen now. I bought a Hoover Floormate a couple of years ago and LOVE it. It uses separate chambers for the clean and dirty water and dry vacuums, washes, and dries the floor. I love that the floor is virtually dry when I am are done.

I would never go back to a regular mop now.

~Kathy

busywend

One the infomercial, it appeared as if the mop did dry up the floor as well.

It had a washable pad on the bottom that the steam went through and that supposedly dried the floor at the same time.