Article on slower brain development in ADHD kids.

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by ysne58, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ysne58

ysne58 New Member

There is a very interesting article about the results of a study showing that kids with ADHD have slower brain development in the higher functions of the brain than non adhd kids. Its further proof that this isn't a made up condition as certain quacks out there claim.,8599,1683069,00.html
  2. Irene_J

Irene_J New Member

Thank you. This corroborates something our therapist has always said about my difficult child, that she was 2-3 years behind emotionally and in her maturity level. I have seen strides the last couple years, and the last year particularly so.
  3. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I love it!!!!!!

A friend emailed it to me. I've been emailing the image to friends for the past few min., LOL!
  4. Sara PA

Sara PA New Member

Actually, this is saying that it isn't a disorder but slower maturation.
    Normal but delayed development. Like a healthy normal girl who doesn't get her period until she's 14 or a boy who gets his growth spurts later than most.

Unless and until they discover that there is some pathological cause of the this slower maturation, it's just a form of normal.
  5. ShakespeareMamaX

ShakespeareMamaX New Member

I can't wait until they get something like this as a legit form of "proof" for ADHD.

Thanks for the post!