Asking for a bit of help.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My little family is entering a horrendous time of year from husband's illness & death last year.

I don't know how you can help - maybe a few good thoughts over the next month or so. wm is falling to pieces; kt is doing better but the stress is on for discharge next month as well.

I, myself, am very teary eyed, crying at the drop of a hat. Struggling to get thru the holiday celebrations especially with the tweedles extreme demands.

Just a thought, prayer here & there. For strength, wisdom & energy. When to say no, to acknowledge my body's warning signs & the like.

Thank you all ~ my family who truly understands.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Aw Linda, I will hold you in my daily thoughts and prayers.

Will any family be visiting at all over the next few weeks? What kind of support do you have in place for you? Hugs~

M

ML

I'm glad you came to us. My prayers will include your family during the coming months. If there is anything I/we can do beyond this, just let us know. Hugs and Love, ML

Abbey

Spork Queen
Linda, as hard as it may appear, why don't you start some new holiday traditions for you and your kids. It's not to replace the old ones in place, but it might help redirect everyone's attention during this traditional time.

Hugs, dear.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Abbey's idea was something I was going to suggest. Maybe start something that isnt exactly what you did when Dad was alive so the absence is so glaring.

We always drive around and look at lights and have cocoa and oyster stew. The first year Jamie left, we didnt do it. None of us wanted to go out and look at lights. We still had the oyster stew but it just wasnt the same to go out and look at the lights. So we stayed home.

Maybe you could just change a few things up. Have KT and WM fill shoe boxes for soldiers with cookies and samples and christmas cards.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Hugs Linda. I'm with everyone else....they have good ideas and like Star said. What do you need?

Gah....we need a teleporter that can take us to each other instantly when needed.

Would the tweedles like getting cards from us?

klmno

I'll be happy to keep you and the Tweedles in my thoughts, Linda! You've gotten some good suggestions and I know you WILL get thru this!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Stang has a teleporter????

TOOOOOO cool. I'm next.....and when I come out on your side Linda? I'm going to have Barbies lips, hips, and fingertips.....except my fingers will move independently. I like her clothes though....and her plane. Heck if I have a plane? I don't need a teleporter, I'll just fly there. Wait, now to find a pilot.

Guess I'm back to the teleporter - (how quickly plans change when Ken decides to go off with that mutt Skipper)

Nancy

My dear Linda, of course you have my good thoughts and prayers for strength and peace during this difficult time. I do think you should try to start some new traditions that you and the tweedles can enjoy, acknowledging the past and moving forward.

Hugs,
Nancy

mstang67chic

Going Green
Stang has a teleporter????

Please.

If I had a teleporter I would have checked out the villas in St. John in person, gone to Step's to smack her husband around, gone to YOU to smack Dude around and gush over Pootiekins and I would be making frequent visits to Marg in Oz and those of us in warmer climates. AND I would have taken Linda with her new hot to trot hair cut/color and clothes and we would have grabbed Steely and her Jeep too! :winks:

busywend

Linda, sending many good positive thoughts your way. I know you will all get through this time of year, but I really hope it is a healing time for you all. All the 'firsts' after losing a loved one are difficult. Good thing is there is only 1 first. The rest you will have a history of knowing you can survive.

HUGS!!! & LOVE!!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am thinking of you. We are having to regroup this year in a different way but still in a difficult child way.
Please listen to your body and give your heart a break.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Holidays are really devastating when one is grieving. Gentle thoughts and hugs to you and the kids, Linda.

XXX
Suz