avoidance.......

Jena

good morning :)

so, i'm sitting here surrounded by boxes, clothes on the floor i kinda went into "i'm not cleaning mode" past day or so due to move.

lol i cannot even tell you what it looks like here and i have 3 boxes packed. am i nervous that i have to pack entire place up by tmrw?? and we have 5 kids on monday with everything packed to do dinner and baths and homework.......ummm no!! :)

so i just had to share the level of avoidance i am currently in...... :)

i don't wanna pack, i wanna sit on computer and drink my coffee. easy child is at work at the bagel store and difficult child is with dad and I am ALONE!! wow!!!!!!!

I should do a dance or something but i gotta go get my taxes done. i am hoping i get something back difficult child wants a trampoline for her bdy next saturday and i have a xmas credit card bill screaming for payment.

hope everyone has a nice day.........

klmno

Well, I hate packing and unpacking, too. At least it's not a long-disstance move- so, do you have boxes and a sharpie or marker? Just pick piles of stuff up, stick them in a box and label the box according to room or category of items. Motivate yourself by remembering that when you are finished, you can have computer time. You can pack the computer in the morning before the move.

I don't wrap things up so carefully for short distance moves. I don't care if I have to drive down the road at 5 mph. LOL! I use towels and sheets to wrap breakables and it saves having to pack them separately. Then, when I'm unpacking, I throw the towels and sheets in the laundry. See- I don't have to worry about them being clean and folded before packing and wrinkled when unpacking that way!! :D

The main thing is- label that box and keep things categorized by room and/or type of item so you aren't cursing yourself when you are looking for something a few days from now. I don't worry about stuff hanging in closets either. They get laid on a blanket and carefully carried to vehicle, put on top of boxes or suitcases, get taken straight from vehicle and hung in new closet. DONE!!

PS- I'll come and pack for you if you'll come and do my paperwork, clean my house, and do my shopping today...Deal??

Steely

Ugggg..........I am in major avoidance. I have been off 4 days, and I have not done one load of laundry.
Really? What is that about?:ashamed:
I woke up this morning, going OK - today is the day - evidently it has to be the day, because I do not have ANY clothes to wear to work tomorrow.

Sigh. Where does that avoidance come from anyway.

Jena - good luck!!! I am sure you will go into warp mode and get it all done. (You remember Sam on Bewtiched, how she would wrinkle her nose and go into fast motion?) That will be you.;)

Lothlorien

My house is a wreck, even though I just spent two hours cleaning yesterday morning. I just got done doing the dishes and making the kids and I breakfast. I am sitting here in the avoidance mode too. I need to work, I need to clean up all the clutter and I need to get these kids to clean up all their toys all over the place. AND I gotta change the sheets on Mighty Mouses bed, because even though he wore a pull up all night, he still wet the bed! ARRRRRGGGGGGH

Abbey

Spork Queen
*I* have mastered the art of avoidance. I will even toss in feigning ignorance. That's probably more important. I should have a gold medal.

Abbey

M

ML

Joining the club. I'm tired of the same old routine every Saturday. I clean but it's never enough and I would rather chat and drink coffee so that is what I'm doing.

Jena

LOL. so i have a club now?? maybe we could make up tshirts!!

klmno - deal. i'm sitting in the middle of the mess right now eating my candy from valentine's day on the floor lol. i have packed 2 rms so far

Steely

i'm sitting in the middle of the mess right now eating my candy from valentine's day on the floor lol. i have packed 2 rms so far

That awesome I love it...........

I still have not started on one thing - and the dust bunnies are staging a takeover.

Abbey - feigning ignorance is a much better way to put it. That is what I will call it. (Until, of course, someone comes over to my house - then it is just glaringly disgusting.)

KTMom91

I want a t shirt, too! Miss KT was doing laundry, but she went over to her "beef's". Guess I should finish it. I don't even invite people over because the house is such a wreck. But, here I am, after sleeping in till noon thirty, on the computer and drinking my iced tea.

klmno

Darn- I missed your post where you took me up on the offer! I have gotten a few things done. And I just got home from the store - had to get groceries and difficult child some shoes, finally.

How much do you have done now?

tiredmommy

Jena- I'll pm you my size. I have been avoiding cleaning the kitty litter all day. Quite successfully until now as a matter of fact. The kitties have me surrounded and are all giving me an evil glare. I think it's clear that there will be no peace overnight in this house if I don't get scooping!

Andy

KLMNO - You are awesome! You have moving down to a "T" it sounds. Must have done a lot?

difficult child moved his t.v. onto his bed (Yes, his bed!), moved the large t.v. I bought for the game room (for Wii) onto his bedroom t.v. stand, and moved the computer into the game room (I can now be on it without snoopy eyes walking past). He put his Wii stuff back out to the living room. Now we are trying to figure out what to do with his little t.v. However, he now says he thinks the large t.v. is too big for his room so we have to find a new place for that one and the little one will stay put.

Once the computer was put into this room, it stopped working! I do have the worse luck with computers. I think I disconnected something in trying to figure it out!

So, this morning, I went through my closet and dresser drawers - all of my clothes and packaged up 7 large trash bags of clothes and 1 small bag of shoes (A few of mine and some of husband's. I am not into having tons of shoes and didn't get Diva to go through hers or we would have another 2 bags of shoes) to take to a drop off point.

Our house looks worse than normal (which is bad) and difficult child gets a call from a friend asking to come over. He hasn't had many friends over since Summer of 2007 when he started having behavorial problems and I don't want to discourage by saying "no" unless it is absolutely necessary. So, I talked to the mom and told her we were in the midst of rearranging some rooms and going through clothes so the house is worse than its normal disaster.

I asked if I could take the other boy bowling - now how is that for avoidance? I can do a great job at avoiding also! So, I took the boys bowling (ate at the bowling alley) and then to add to the avoidance process, took them to the Pink Panther 2 movie. After that, I couldn't avoid any longer (nothing to do but bowl and movies in this town) and they wanted to come home to play Legos!

I then finished up my chore of going through my dresser and putting the bags in the van to drop off tomorrow.

Where is my avoidance shirt? (Though I must confess, it is easier to avoid when my computer is working. husband got it going this evening)

So, Jena, how far along are you?