Back from vacation

witzend

We're back from our week in Mazatlan. The weather was beautiful, and it was nice to get away. It was almost easier to take only a week instead of two. Since there's a kitchen, when we're there for two weeks, I feel as though I should cook and shop. For one week, we bought a little milk, juice, cereal and sodas and called it good. I'm exhausted, though.

M and his roommate Z have called a delicate truce. M is still looking at other places to stay, but it's nice to know that he can hold it together for a few weeks in a situation that he is less than pleased with. He also has a student aid position as a receptionist - :surprise: - that he has been hired for at school. It's not big money, but it will help, and he definitely needs the people skills that go along with it. Maybe he will find a friend that is easier to get along with... or a girl that will inspire him to better himself?

And Oscar gained two more pounds. He's huge! Skinny, but so tall. He looks like a teenager! Other than that, we are exhausted. We got home last night about 1:00 AM. YAWN!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad you had a good time. A bit jealous, but glad. :D

Sounds like M is figuring a few things out for himself. Hope he can find a more compatible room mate.

DammitJanet

Welcome Back! Sounds like a wonderful time was had. Good for M! Receptionist heh? Cory had that job when he was in the state psychiatric hospital...lol.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
A week in Mazatlan? How wonderful- wish I'd been there, too! :bigsmile:

M seems to be growing up. That's a very good thing.

As for Oscar? We want baby pictures!

Suz

Last edited:

witzend

Not so sure about M. I talked to him this afternoon and he does seem to have a very negative outlook on what the outcome of the situation with his roommate will be. I'm too tired to go into it right now, but you know what I mean. He can't see that things might just move on and settle down. He sees him leaving in an inevitable ugly scene, started by Z, that M must react in anger to. I was too tired to try to bring him around to positive thinking. I'll check in with him again in a few days.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Witz, I am so glad you and H were able to get away and enjoy your vaca - and wow, nice vaca! We vacationed in a condo a couple of times and since the kiddos were with us, we had to cut corners and ate many meals in. However, when it's just been H and me, we generally don't need to have 3-squares and end up eating a nice breakfast and then a later lunch/early dinner, which suits us well. Not that I would always want to go on a cruise, but it sure was nice to NOT have to lift ONE finger the entire week while cruising...no cleaning up, no cooking, not making a bed, nothing. Veeeery nice. Indulgent.

As for M, I hope he can hang in there until something better comes along. And I hope Z doesn't antagonize him.

witzend

I loved cruising! Waking up late in the morning with a platter of hot coffee, juice, croissants and jelly waiting on the side table where the steward had so silently left them! I'd like to do it again!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I loved cruising! Waking up late in the morning with a platter of hot coffee, juice, croissants and jelly waiting on the side table where the steward had so silently left them! I'd like to do it again!

H has already stated that he will never cruise again, so if I want to go, I have to pay for it myself and go with someone else....which I am more than willing to do, but it would be nice to go with H. He's turned into an awful traveler as he ages. Ugh, hate saying it, but it's true. The thing I liked most about cruising was the fact that I was truly on vacation from every single duty I normally have, whether it is cooking or cleaning, whatever, and being served for everything! Second was visiting several different places - it was a like a mini sampler.

DammitJanet

heavens...the more I read about vacations the more I want to have one! The closest I got was the almost week we went to the board get together and for us that was sheer heaven! All this talk about cruises and lovely warm beaches with your hubby's...well...makes me want to start saving! LOL.

I never thought I wanted to go on a cruise but then I have been rethinking that position. Only problem is I think I want to take Keyana with us! LOL.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It does sound heavenly, doesn't it?? I just figure with my luck, I'll get on the ship and it'll sink before I have a chance to have any fun. :rofl: