BAD Day, could it be PTSD?

troubledheart

My boy had a rough day again. He finally lost it at school and tore up the EBD room. I had to get him, thank god it didn't get worse than it was.

He finally opened up and talked to me. We did a lot of crying. My last husband was not a nice man and my son is telling me that the past couple of months, he has had bad dreams, seen visions on this man, and heard him talking to him. Could my upcoming marriage be bringing this out? He said he feels better finally "getting this stuff off his chest"

He said that he goes to the spiritual world in his sleep and this man (ex) comes to him and tries to kill him. Then he says that when people talk to him in a certain way he thinks of this man and cannot cope with it anymore?

Anyone have any experience with this?

susiestar

Roll With It
I would say this is probably due at least partly to abuse from your ex. I hope that your son is not forced to go visit him.

We cannot truly diagnose things, but it seems like he is very anxious, and that combined with past abuse could make him have flashbacks to bad times. At least that is how mine tends to happen.

It could also be hallucinations, or something else. (Hallucinations can be caused by various anxiety related disorders, or that is what we were told when Wiz hallucinated.)

I would call the psychiatrist and therapist to have his medications adjusted and to help him learn how to cope better.

Poor kid, this is a lot to cope with.