Bad Day

tiredmommy

Duckie has (hopefully) hit bottom on her downward spiral today. She was miserable. difficult and obstinate. She had an epic meltdown for the first time in ages. She's struggled with being overtired since the holidays, has had a lot of girl drama at school, and looks like she is coming down with a cold.

Just when I think things are going pretty well... we end up here. :bloodshot:

smallworld

I'm sorry, TM. I hope it is a cold contributing to Duckie's meltdown, and when she is feeling better, her behavior will improve, too.

Hang in there, and let us know how things are in the morning. Hugs.

Andy

Girl Drama is horrid! And when you are tired and not feeling well, it is so much harder to deal with! I hope she feels well soon.

H

HaoZi

Kiddo's behavior is always worse when she's coming down with something. Hope Duckie feels better soon.

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM,
I'm sorry it was such a bad day. Being over tired and coming down with a cold surely contributed to her meltdown. Girl drama certainly doesn't help. Sending hugs and a shoulder to lean on; these types of days definitely are not fun to say the least. I hope things turn around soon and that you were able to have some peace after she fell asleep last night. (((Hugs)))

LittleDudesMom

It's the life with our difficult children - just when things are going smoothly....:faint:....the gfgness returns in full force!

It's why we keep our armor polished and always, always sit on the edge of our seats!

So many external factors contribute to our difficult child's issues...hopefully Duckie is going to start the day on the uphill climb. My difficult child is the total opposite - when he is getting sick, or actually sick, he's a sweetheart - kinda makes it hard to wish him well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

tiredmommy

Thank you.

I'm still feeling stressed from it, Know what I mean?? Her teacher emailed me that she will be having lunch with the girls today and is in the process of addressing the classroom/discipline issues. I just hate when this spills into our home. :(

Jena

hey sorry i hope the school handles it and that calms her and makes her feel like it's fixed whatever the girl drama may be. yea girls are rough bigtime.

hope today's after school goes better

M

ML

Adding in my prayers and good thoughts for better days. I know when manster is coming down with stuff the difficult child behavior goes to new levels. Hugs xo

Hey tm,

It is discouraging when a meltdown occurs after a time of relative peace. Gfg17 had a huge meltdown tonight and I thought "gee this is just like old times." I was reeling for a little while there. So I came to the board to read, and next I'm going to numb out with an audiobook and a game of solitaire online :~)

I thought in your first post you put your finger on a number of things that probably contributed to Duckie's meltdown -- almost inevitably. I hope she recovers her equilibrium soon. You too. It's shocking how much a meltdown takes out of us when we aren't used to it on a daily basis.

Do something special for yourself to make up for it. To get started, here are some flowers for you.:flowers:

Jo