Bad news from Jackson

everywoman

But it's leaking in slowly through letters. The day after ds cornered pcdaughter about her running, she decided to "show" him. She ran the mile in under 9 minutes. Then, her knee gave out and she went down. She went to medical. Got crutches and pain medications. She was to see physical therapist on Monday. The last letter I got today (I got three yesterday) was date 8/17. It said her ankle was 3X its normal size. Don't know much more. One letter she stated that she just wanted to get back to training. Another stated she may be sent home--- Pray, please.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Oh dear. I hope that this is only a temporary setback. However it may be that if they send her home she can go through again once she is healed properly. I will keep parts crossed that she gets better and things can go forward.

beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - which way am I praying here?

That the ds drops and gives me 100
or that
Our girl drops out?

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
would it be terribly wrong to pray DS gets something like colitis or food poisoning, it sounds like the man has some issues to cleanse out of his system!

Prayers for your baby girl!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I hope she is not in too much pain, what a bummer no matter what the outcome. Praying she heals completely and they treat her with respect.

DammitJanet

Unless it is really bad they will send her to medical and let her recuperate there. Then they will drop her back into a platoon to continue on with her training. It happens all the time. I know this is upsetting for both of you but it does happen to so many people. They get sick, they get injured, something...and they end up in medical and have to go into another platoon and finish up later than they originally should have. I hope for all that it is not something really bad and that she can continue.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband enlisted on delayed entry. Two days before he was due to ship out, the genius fell playing basketball and broke his left ankle.

They delayed his entry until it was healed and the Army docs cleared him to go to boot camp.

He did fine there (one of the only people I know who beefed about not getting ENOUGH exercise in BCT--he was a martial artist) until he reinjured the ankle. Took four weeks to heal and all they did was drop him back into a "current" training platoon.

In AIT, he, along with a lot of other trainees, caught bacterial pneumonia. He was hospitalized for two weeks and confined to quarters for another two weeks. Same deal, they dropped him back to a "newer" platoon and he graduated with them.

They'll likely keep her just fine so long as she is otherwise a "good troop". The only concern I would have in her case is if she is unable to get in "condition" for the physical training.

husband was running 5 miles per day when he enlisted and already did calisthenics and all of that. He was in better shape than many of his DI's were.

We didn't have the conditioning worries; we had to worry about husband's ankle healing properly and more than that about the fact that he had untreated ADD and was what one DI referred to as a "verbal hand grenade".

They used to "hide" husband when the brass came around, LoL

Marguerite

father in law served in WWII and was captured. A few days before they had to surrender, a truck tail gate dropped on his leg and broke his ankle.

After they were captured they were force-marched for three days. He did it with a broken ankle.

Then about a month later he and three mates slipped under the wire of the makeshift camp and escaped.

It's amazing how much you can do when you're otherwise distracted...

Marg