Board vibes

crazymama30

Needed please. In about an hour I take my nursing entrance exam. It is a 4hr test, and I will know my score as soon as I am done. Please send prayers, rattle beads, dance outside in the rain naked (if that is your thing) for me. I will let you guys know how I do by morning.

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm rattling beads and doing the nekkid chicken liver dance - although, not in the rain cause it's not raining here.

Wishing you much luck.

eekysign

Fingers crossed in a big way!! I don't wanna dance outside 'cause the neighbor is mowing and grass cuts ITCH.......but I will be thinking good thoughts tonight!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Heck, I'll be out there dancing the nekkid chicken liver dance for you, CM. Good luck!!!

Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
The rain just started and I am dancing, but for the sake of my neighbors I have my swimming suit on........ GOOD LUCK, we can always use more nurses!!!!!

crazymama30

All done. I got an 80%, which is lower than last years 83.5% so they will use the higher score. Thanks for the support. I have been focusing on my essay questions as I really bombed them last year.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
So is that it? Are you in? Do you have more to go??? are there more parts to the test, clinicals????
Now I am on pins and needles. LOL

crazymama30

No, I won't know for sure until July. This is part of the process, I also turn in short answer questions and will get the score on those about mid July. I have 100 words to answer questions like give examples of your leadership experience, use initiatives taken in and out of school.

What is the most significant challenge you have faced?

I had 2 people go over my answers, 1 gal used to be my supervisor, and now she is pretty high in management is director of 3 depts, has a masters in nursing and writes really well (she wrote a letter of recomendation for me for a scholarship,and I have an interview next week for the scholarship). Now I just have to hope and pray that I can improve my short answer scores dramatically.

I am really not feeling to positive right now. I just don't feel good about it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That's a really good score. :D

That darn test is hard. I know, I've taken it 4 times. And you guys out there in cali are making it harder for us in ohio cuz your scores have to be higher to compete.......and ours is judged by national average, not individual scores.:tongue: I missed it all 4 times on that darn national average.:mad:

Short answer as in essay questions? Hmm There is a method to answering them. Maybe one of our teachers here can give you pointers? I hate them too. Used to be good at them until the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).

Will be keeping fingers crossed and praying hard for ya.

Gawd they make it tough for you guys to get in!

((hugs))

Wiped Out

Staff member
Saying prayers that you will be in! My sister will be taking hers in January or February when she finishes school.

crazymama30

:tongue:Hey Daisy, thanks for blaming Cali, I am in Oregon!:tongue:

I think I got some really good pointers on my short answer questions.

We are only allowed to take the test 2 times, and I was told that was a rule that came from the manufacturer of the test. Are they fibbing to us?

Mattsmom277

I think thats a great score!! I wish you luck with your scholarship meeting and your short answer questions portion. Even when you aren't feeling good about it, we all here are in your corner. I think you're going to be a wonderful nurse and do very well in the process ahead of you :)